10 Benefits To Owning a Cat Instead of a Dog
I love my Dogs, but...
My dogs are cute and fun and loveable. They're great company-no kidding. But my cat, now there is a low maintenance relationship!
- Dogs need to be walked, Cats don't.
- Dogs have to be let out to potty, Cats don't.
- Dogs will eat as much food as you give them, Cats don't. They eat a little bit several times a day and they generally eat less overall and their food is typically less expensive.
- Most dogs have to be bathed and groomed on a regular basis, Cats are very clean and keep themselves groomed for the most part.
- Most dogs will help themselves to a sandwhich left on the coffee table for a bit, Cats would never.
- Dogs Bark, loudly. Cats meow.
- Dogs require you to interact with them, cats would prefer that you do not.
- Some Dogs eat their own poop. Cats? Not so much.
- Dogs will bark at people who stop by for a visit, cats just ignore them.
- Dogs will try to sniff your crotch, cats wouldn't dare.
I really do love my dogs
- Life With My Miniature Schnauzers
He is grumpy when you wake him from his nap! Our miniature schnauzer, Caesar, came to us by default. He originally belonged to a family member who for one reason or another could no longer care for him, so...
Now, before you argue-
I know that cats have their issues too. Their litter boxes stink and have to be changed, They shed, they scratch and tear up furniture, sometimes male cats will spray or mark their territories, they throw up hair balls, etc....But this hub is not about the downside to owning a cat or even the downside to owning a dog-it's just some key points someone might be able to use to argue why having a cat could be considered better than having a dog. It's actually meant to be funny, not serious. Both cats and dogs have many benefits. I have three dogs and one cat myself, so I know what I'm talking about.
I am working on another hub for dogs right now.
Hmmph, thought this was a unique idea for a hub...
- 10 Reasons Why Cats Are Better Pets Than Dogs
I will attempt to answer a request asking for ten reasons why cats are better than dogs. I remember always having cats around as I was growing up. .They were either dropped off at the house, or we found...
Other Hubs about Cats
- How to get ready for a new cat / kitten
I just got my kitty Koloa from the animal shelter! There she is, looking cute, just like her owner. :) Which reminds me... There are a few things to make sure you have before you pick up your new cat or...
- How to train your new cat / kitten
Not all cats are perfect when you get them from the shelter or store. Here are some tips to train your kitty: Come when called Using food or a kind voice are good ways to get a cat to come. They respond best...
- Cat Care: How Caring For Kittens Is Just Like Caring...
Cats are wonderful friends and companions, if you're
More by this Author
On Monday night we went to a Boy Scout Meeting. It was an award ceremony called a Court of Honor. I had seen an email earlier in the day from one of the boys parents saying that he was sick with what appeared to be the...
How I became a prepper is an important part of why I prep. I have seen the benefit of prepping and I have seen the effects of not being prepared. I for one, would rather be prepared. Here's why:
photo courtesy of dier madrid @ flickr.com Accounts Receivables can include setting up new customers, maintaining customer account information, invoicing as needed, compiling and distributing monthly statements and...