10 Reasons Why Cats Are Way Better than Dogs
The wonderful world of cats
Cats Are Cool
I remember always having cats around our house as a child. They were either dropped off at the house, or we found them wandering the streets or they found us wondering the streets. We had dogs also but I have to confess my preference for the kitties. I can think of at least, ten reasons why they are better than dogs. Are you a cat person?
1. Cats are better pets because they are very independent. No, they don’t need to be entertained to stick around. They just exist and will allow you to pet them if it pleases them. They don’t get in the way or trip you. Cats are small enough to stay out of the way.
2. They are better is because they are literally maintenance –free. That is, if you get them young and train them, they will take care of themselves. You don’t give cats a bath, or trim their hair. Sometimes they need their claws trimmed, to keep them from clawing the furniture, though.
3. Kitties are very cool; way cooler than pups. They usually have some dignity and don’t slobber all over you. No long drool hanging from their mouths like you see on dogs! Yuck!
4. cats make the best pet is the fact that they can find their own food. Anything that moves, from crickets, frogs, snakes, birds, and mice! Which brings me to state another good reason to have one
5. they kill mice ! It's fun watching them stalk their prey. Slowly watching and approaching them, like their cousins the lion stalking a gazelle. The only thing I don't like about the cat stalking their prey is that they will bring it to you as a present.
Cats are entertaining video
6. They would rather drink out of a rain puddle than from that nice new kitty – decorated water dish that you paid $19.99 for!
7. As far as the seventh reason for owning a cat , is due to their ability to entertain when it suits them! I’ve had some make absolute fools of themselves,especially when one would climb into a bag, only to have another one pounce on it! The look on his face was priceless!
8. The eighth reason they are better than dogs is the fact they don’t need or want to be walked. Have you ever tried to walk one? Even with all of my experience with them, I could never get them to cooperate with a harness and leash. It’s that independence thing, you know... I usually wound up dragging them.
No, I won't walk them; they can go outside in your neighbor’s flowerbeds, thank you. Just don’t let your neighbor see them.
9. Yet another reason why cats are better pets is because they DO NOT bark ! Oh, I am so grateful for this one. They may meow when hungry or when they hear another cat outside, but they never bark! There’s nothing worse than a loud, incessantly barking dog!
Adopt a cat
Are you a cat person
10. And the tenth and final reason why cats are better pets is due to the fact that they can use a litter box and not have to go outside. This fact allows the owner to be away for a few days and leave a litter box, with some dry food and they can take care of themselves.
Summary of why cats are better than dogs
Did you agree with my reasons to own a cat? if yes, then you may be a cat person too!
So these are my ten main reasons I can think to own a cat instead of a dog. I have nothing against dogs but I definitely prefer cats.
I hope I haven't offended any dog owners. I love all animals and have owned dogs as well. This was all done tongue-in-cheek.
Don’t forget to go the nearest animal shelter to adopt a rescue cat or dog. Don’t buy them if you can help it. Buying an animal at a pet shop encourages over breeding in poor conditions without oversight from animal organizations. There are so many strays out there, and they all need a good home!
I have some links to animal shelters below, so please check those out more.
I would rather have a cat than a dogSee results without voting
© 2008 Stacie L
More by this Author
Do you want to create a work of art using your pet as a canvas? Here are some interesting designer cats images to study. Are they real or not?
Countless pets steal items from their unsuspecting neighbors every day. Other animals hoard items that they will never use. Why do some animals have this same hoarding behavior just like humans?
Antiques pickers can make money while saving the past. Find out what a "picker" is and how to make money doing it.