10 Tips On How To Brush Your Dog's Teeth
This are my 10 Tips on How To Brush Your Dog's Teeth. Hope it'll help you start the brushing journey with your dog.
1. Start Young: Start them young so that they will get used to brushing from an early age. Just like training a dog, we want them to be comfortable with brushing teeth from young.
2. Don't Rush: When starting to brush your dog's teeth, don't rush if they reject it at first.
3. Use Dog Toothpaste With Flavor: One way to make them love brushing teeth is the flavoured toothpaste for dog. They come in beef, chicken, lamb.
4. Be Gentle: Puppy teeth is soft so be gentle.
5. Let Them Think Brushing Is A Game: All dogs love to play. So make brushing teeth as a game & not a chore.
6. Award: Award them with happy words & encouragment after brushing. Don't give treat as the main point of brushing is to clean their teeth.
7. Use Suitable Toothbrush & Toothpaste: Use dog toothbrush or kids toothbrush for dogs. As for toothpaste, use only dog toothpaste. Dog cannot use human tootpaste as they may be toxic for dogs. Besides dog can't gargle.
8. Remember To Clean The Inside Of The Teeth: Ocasionally we tend to forgot to clean the inside area of the teeth, usually concentrating on the front side only.
9. Try Using Finger As Toothbrush: If using toothbrush fails, try using your finger as toothbrush. ;)
10. Prolong Life: What is the main reason to brush our dog's teeth? It's to prolong their life. Dogs with bad teeth usually will have less appetite, slum into depression and so on. A healthy teeth is a happy dog!
ps/: I'm lucky that my dog love getting his teeth brushed. He even help me carry his toothbrush & toothpaste with his mouth when I say "Brushing Time!". Haha
No comments yet.