List Five: 10 Fun Feline Facts
My Cat Snowball
Cat People vs. Dog People
There are two types of people in this world--dog people and cat people. Although there are many people who have a fondness for both species every one tends to lean more towards one side. It is even said that depending on which side of the fence you are on determines certain traits about you. For example, a cat person is considered intelligent, thoughtful, graceful, independent, and mysterious. (Sounds a lot like the traits of a cat huh?) A dog person on the other hand is considered loyal, kind, faithful, helpful, and a team player. (Sounds a lot like the traits of a dog....weird!) So, which are you--a cat person or a dog person? Still unsure? Well check out these fun sites to determine if you are a cat person or a dog person.
A Series of Lists
- For the Love of Lists
- List One: 10 Free Activities to Keep your Children Entertained this Summer
- List Two: 10 Funniest Comedians
- List Three: 10 Tips for Successful Potty Training
- List Four: 10 Best Websites for Free Stuff, Making Money, Games, and Much More
- List Five: 10 Fun Feline Facts
- List Six: 10 Most Absurd Laws
- List Seven: 10 Reasons you should exercise everyday
- List Eight: 10 Wackiest Criminal Defenses
I am a cat person!
That's right...I am a cat lover from way back. I have always had cats growing up and I still have cats today. See my Snowball above : ) I had a long haired, black and white cat when I was a child. His name was Butch and he was the best cat ever! I used to dress him up in my doll clothes and push him around the house in my doll stroller. He loved it--he would lay there for hours and just purr. (Rest in peace my friend.)
Having a cat is the greatest thing in the world. They are sensitive to your feelings and know when you need some love. They offer a good laugh when needed and they are always willing to curl up on your lap and purr. You can spend hours looking into their eyes and wonder what they are thinking because they always tend to have that look on their face that makes you ask "What?"
So, this list is devoted to cats and some interesting facts about them that you may or may not know. I hope you learn something new and have fun.
10 Fun Facts about Cats
- Cats are smart animals and can easily interpret a person's moods and feelings.
- Cat urine glows in the dark when viewed using a black light.
- Cat's don't have eyelashes.
- During the 1800's cats were used to deliver the mail. However, around 1869 it was deemed that they were not disciplined enough for this task and it was stopped.
- The average house cat spend 10,950 hours during its lifetime purring.
- Cats are the only domestic four-legged animal to walk by moving their front and hind legs first on one side and then on the other. (Go ahead & look)
- Both male and female cats reach puberty at approximately 6 months of age.
- The top two rows of a cats whiskers can move independently of the bottom two rows.
- Cats have 32 muscles in each ear.
- Similar to human fingerprints, every cat's nose pad is different.
Cute & Funny Cat Pictures
I hope everyone got a good laugh out of this list and these pictures.
For a hilarious hub about veterinarians, visit this hub by a new member of the hubpages community. Check her out...she's funny : )
Tomorrows list: 10 Most Absurd Laws
More by this Author
No matter what your age, you should be exercising everyday. When I say exercise I don't mean going to a gym and using a myriad of different equipment nor do I mean following a strict work-out routine. What I am...
The single most important a new mom has to make is whether to breastfeed or bottle feed their new baby. Learn the advantages and disadvantages of both options...
Having children is both a blessing and a curse...especially when you are outnumbered by your children. Learn how to effectively manage your children and have a happier, calm, home life...