20 Strange Facts About Animals and Insects You Never Knew
20 interesting facts..
- A group of jellyfish is called a "smuth" or a "fluther"
- Brown bears can run as fast as 40 miles per hour
- Elephant pregnancies last 22 months
- Whales drown if they remain under water for longer then a half hour
- A group of Rhinoceros is called a "crash"
- Cows dream if they lie down
- Fish scales can be found in many lipsticks
- A female dragonfly is called a "damselfly"
- Horses in Charleston, S.C, have had to wear diapers since 1975.
- Crickets have their ears on their legs
- All moths and butterflies are covered in scales
- Grizzly bears would rather eat humans then honey
- In the Amazon River, natural mutations have occurred causing fish to have four eyes
- In 1875 26,000 people in India were killed by the cobra snake
- A company of bears is called a “sloth'
- A flock of goldfinches is known as a "charm"
- The archer fish can spit water up to five feet to shoot down its prey
- Polar bears can swim up to 50 miles with out stopping
- Ladybugs are named for the Virgin Mary
- A giraffe can clean out its ears with its own tongue
More by this Author
My home is never without baking soda, the uses for this product are endless so it would seem. Check out the 100 ways to use baking soda that I have compiled for you..