Best Toys for Pet Rabbits
Best Toys for Rabbits
Here you will find some answers as to what are the best toys to get for your pet rabbit. Having owned a rabbit myself, I know that rabbits love to nudge and chew things for their amusement.
The best toys for rabbits are ones that they can pick up and toss with their teeth, such as baby keys. Any toy for an infant is usually safe for a rabbit too, as long as they're hard plastic. They also like to play with wooden blocks and things that roll like a ball or a truck with wheels to nudge with their nose. They like empty paper towel rolls to tear up. Most of all, they love cardboard boxes that they can hide in.
How to make a rabbit hiding place out of a cardboard box
- Obtain a large or medium size box from a storage place, office supply store, or save a box from a home delivery item.
- Cut a hole in the widest part of the box for the front entrance and another hole on one of the narrow sides as an option.
- Your rabbit should be able to fit inside the hole and the box with ease.
- Make sure the box is at least 6 inches taller than your rabbit.
Here is a picture of one that I had made.
Other Toys your Rabbit will Like
Rabbits like the texture of grass and hay and these grass mats and balls will tickle their fancy. They also like chew toys that taste and smell like fruit.
More Rabbits Info
- Rabbits for Kids
Things you Need to Know Before Getting a Rabbit for your Child
- Best House Rabbit Breeds
Here you will find a list of the Best House Rabbits for Families. From my research and being a former rabbit owner myself, I have put together a list describing those breeds.
- Pet Rabbits as Easter Gifts