Bone Appetit! A Gluten-Free Dog Treat Recipe
Learn how to make dog treats! These tasty cheese-based treats are approved by veterinarians and dogs alike.
You can complete this recipe in about 30 minutes with baking time included. If you adjust the recipe to make gluten-free dog biscuits, you'll need another 10-20 minutes for baking.
- Mixing bowl or food processor
- Large spoon
- Rolling pin
- Cookie sheet
- Cookie cutters. Alternatively, cut out dog bone shapes, hearts, etc. with a knife.
- A wire cooling rack
Ingredients for Dog Biscuits
- 2 cups of soy flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 1/2 tbsp water (more if needed)
Cookie Cutters on Amazon
How to Make Dog Biscuits
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Mix everything but the water in a bowl or food processor until the mixture is consistent and coarse. Then add water slowly until you create a dough ball.
- Roll the dough to 1/2" thick. Cut out approximately 12 dog biscuits.
- Bake the biscuits on an ungreased cookie sheet for 10-15 minutes or until the bottoms are lightly browned.
- Transfer the dog cookies to a wire rack for cooling.
Biscuits should be stored in an airtight container and refrigerated.
Gluten-Free Dog Biscuit Recipe
For gluten-free dog biscuits, substitute wheat flour with one of the following:
- rye flour
- oat flour
- potato flour
- cooked rice
- cooked oats
- ground nuts and seeds
You can also add a teaspoon of baking soda to add fluffiness. Bake the gluten-free biscuits until the bottoms are slightly browned.
Homemade Dog Food Recipe Books
Recommended for You
- Veggie Recipes for Cats & Dogs
Get easy tips about veggie food for cats and dogs. There's also a veggie recipe for puppies and links to additional homemade pet food recipes.
- Homemade Frozen Dog Treats
Instructions on how to make homemade
- Diabetic Dog Food - What Should My Dog Eat Now?
Dogs' diabetes can often be managed with exercise and proper diet. What diabetic dog food should you choose?
More by this Author
A piano that pulls cats' tails? Read about five musical instruments that somehow involve cats. Presenting the cat piano, the saron, the shamisen, the singing saw and the sistrum.
This article explores the life and cat art of Louis Wain. Wain's art stands out partly because it reflects his progressive schizophrenia.
See vintage ads for legal cocaine, pot, heroin and other substances that are now controlled. The old drug ads and labels are accompanied by a history of drug use and drug prohibition in the USA.
No comments yet.