Buying Puppies? - a list of important questions for you.
So you have decided to get a puppy...
Buying puppies brings up many important questions. Once you have decided that you are going to get a puppy one that will affect your life for up to 20 years you need to answer yourself the following questions.
Where do I find the breed I want?
Am I sure it will be right for my family?
Do I look for a loveable mutt from a shelter? Pet shop? Private party? and of course a breeder,(Please note that pet shops are not recommended because they usaully get their puppies from puppy mills and neglect them at the shop).
If you do your homework, and ask people who have the kind of dog you want where they got it, maybe they will be kind enough to introduce you to their dog. You can be more convinced its the right dog for you. Above all it should be a rewarding adventure and a lot of fun along the way.
Here are some puppy questions to ask yourself about buying puppies.
* Do you know what size the breed will be when it grows up?
* Will everyones schedule get along with the dog?
* Will caution be taken with the kids?
* Do you have an idea how much hair will be around?
* Is there anyone allergic in the house?
* Will your new dog get along with other dogs?
* Are there cats,small animals or people (who don't care for dogs) visiting
* Do you have a large enough yard?
* Can the dog jump over the fence?
* How much grooming are you able to do?
* Are you able to give proper nail care?
* Do you know how much exercise the breed needs?
* Will the dog be trainable enough for your experience?
Hopefully this puppy quiz will help in buying puppies.
More by this Author
This is a list of Ontario Dog Breeders and Kennels.
Black and Tan Patterdale Terrier The Black and Tan, or Manchester, Terrier as we know him to-day is a comparatively new variety, and he is not to be confounded with the original terrier with tan and black colouring...
The dog pound, it's also known as the animal shelter. Just the sound of the name strikes fear into some dog owner's hearts. Images of the mean dog catcher snatching up unsuspecting pooches are conjured up. However, most...
No comments yet.