Cheer Yourself Up - 10 Things That Made Me Smile
While I was riding my trike (I've progressed from the bike!) to feed the horses this morning I was feeling grumpy because of the damp, miserable weather. Part of my journey involves a couple of miles through the countryside and a pretty village, so I gave me a talking to and set myself the task of finding ten things that could make me smile before I reached my destination.
Here they are:
1. Mares & foals in a field.
2. Exchanging a greeting with a friend in the village.
3. A pretty jay flying across my path.
4. A moorhen sitting on a log by a ditch.
5. Cows and calves sheltering under some trees.
6. A swan sitting on her nest on a bank.
7. Ducks swimming in the ditch.
8. Early wild flowers growing in the churchyard.
9. Rabbits nibbling the grass.
10. Lambs playing in the fields.
All simple things that I see and experience most days but take for granted. Today they made me realise how lucky I am and I just wanted to share the thought with you. So, if you start the day feeling a bit low, try and think of ten things that please you. Perhaps you are not as lucky as I am to live in the countryside but if you look, I'm sure you to will find simple things to make you smile and feel a bit better, perhaps your friends, family, favourite food - it worked for me! Have a lovely day.