Dog Clicker Training Tips, How to Clicker Train a Dog
Dog Training and Obedience - Dog Clicker Training Basics
Do you want for your dog to learn tricks with half the effort and in 1/3 of the time you normally spend? If so you should look into clicker training your dog. Clicker dog training has become one of the most popular dog training techniques in just a matter of a few years time. The reason to why clicker training has grown so quickly with dog owners is because of the fact that clicker training a dog is simply the easiest, most convenient, and time sufficient way of teaching a canine.
So how does clicker training work anyways? Are there any cons to dog clicker training?
Pro's to Clicker Training Dogs
- When you clicker train a dog it's faster than using the traditional dog training techniques. This is because of the fact that whenever you click the clicker directly after your dog does something good and you associate your pooch’s good behavior with a treat as well, you dog will begin to quickly realize that the clicker noise is an alternative to praising and rewarding your dog for its good behavior.
- Clicker dog training has been show in studies to be one of the most efficient ways of training a dog.
- When pet owners clicker train dogs, their dog's attention becomes focused on dog training more consistently, than when trying traditional dog training techniques of primarily verbal and food appraisal.
- Using canine clicker training is a more distinct way of telling your dog that he or she is good, than just verbally teaching your dog.
How to Clicker Train a Dog
- Whenever your dog shows good behavior or performs a trick or command correctly, praise your dog by giving him or her a treat and click noise.
- Soon your canine will begin to realize what the dog clicker is associated with.
- When your dog is obedient and your use the dog training clicker, your pet will pick up on the clicker faster than it does by saying good dog or other verbal forms of appraisal.
- Make sure that you use the clicker dog training techniques consistently so that you do not confuse your dog, and that your dog can know at a fast pace when he or she is doing the right thing.
Are There Any Cons to Dog Clicker Training?
Many people are skeptical of using clicker dog training is a good choice or not. I'll admit, that I was a bit skeptical myself of using this dog training tactic, but I soon realized that clicker dog training is the most sufficient and easiest way when it comes to teaching a dog.
Dog Training and Obedience ~ Dog Clicker Training Tips Q&A
- Will my pooch still perform dog tricks once I stop using the clicker?
Yes, your dog will absolutely perform dog tricks after you stop using a dog clicker for specific commands. Just like when you tell your dog it's good. Once a dog learns a command, it's not going to stop doing it just because you don't say "good dog," because the canine knows that what he or she is doing is a good thing and pleases you.
- Do you have to start out dog clicking as a puppy, or can both puppies and adult dogs have it as dog training techniques?
Yes, you can clicker train a dog beginning at practically any age, just as long as you're consistent with using dog clicking for appraisal.
More by this Author
Bulldog puppies are undeniably adorable, and Bulldogs are a fine breed of dog, but how do you know if a Bulldog puppy is right for you? Deciding on a new pet to bring into your home is an incredibly difficult decision,...
Golden Retrievers are a breed of Gundog that is thought to have originated during the 19'th century in Scotland. Golden Retrievers were made by crossing dog breeds such as the Tweed Spaniel (extinct), Irish Setters,...
Have you ever wondered,"What is the most intelligent dog breed," or "What are the top 10 smartest dogs?" Well if you have, here's where I answer all of your questions about the top ten most...