Dog Friendly Beaches at Lake Tahoe
The official dog friendly beaches around Lake Tahoe are few. Some exist but are not official, others are not documented, still others are not yet not enforced. It will drive you crazy. Below is a list of the official ones I know of and have used.
- Kiva Beach @ South Lake Tahoe- it is a huge long beach that is for dogs. Perfect for running them. It is sandy-great for sunbathing. Free parking. It is located to the left of Camp Richardson. It is off Hwy 89, take the Fallen Leaf street towards the lake. The road will come to a Y, hang left and park.
- Meek's Bay - this is on the west side of the lake and right off Hwy 89. You cannot miss it. Usually crowded, but also a great beach for dogs and mankind.
- King's Beach Recreation Park - A great, large beach at King's Beach. While the signs do say no dogs, the rules do not seem to be enforced. But keep them on a leash! This is on the north end of Lake Tahoe.
- Coon Street Dog Beach - this is adjacent to King's Beach, on the other side of the boat ramp and is an official dog beach. The problem is that it is very rocky and has little sand nor room for sunbathing. You need to wear water shoes for the large boulders etc.
- Patton Beach - also known as Carnelian Beach in Carnelian Bay, also on the north end of Lake Tahoe, it a sandy\pebble beach, near a boat harbor. This is an official dog beach. Plenty of room for dog and man.
- Ski Beach@ Incline village, NV - this beach is in Nevada, a few miles from King's Beach, CA. This is an official dog beach that is nice and sandy. It sits between two other beaches that are not dog friendly. It is also on north end.
More by this Author
It depends. Some cars like Subaru, have non-interference engines, which mean, if the timing belt breaks while you are driving, there is no damage to the internal parts of the engine. Other cars, do not have this sort of...
The Corvair Powerglide automatic transmission remains one of most stable and resiliant transmissions Chevrolet made. The following troubleshooting techniques apply to all models from 1960-69. Amazingly, the Corvair air...
Join this long list of consumer problems and complaints about this car. Most o the problems are on models pre-2009. Many sad stories.