First Shield Flea Medication for Cats & Dogs is Poison
My Name is Muffin
Hi, my name is Muffin, but my family calls me Muph Muph. I am two years old and have a happy home with a family that loves me. About three weeks ago, my mom came home with some new flea medication, I was happy to have it applied because I don't like getting flea's. But after my mommy put on the new medicine, my skin started to burn and itch all over. Since then I have been hidding under the bed because I don't know why my family put medicine on me that hurt me so bad. Because I am very sick and have to rest, I will let my mom tell you what happened and why you should avoid this BAD flea medicine so your animals do not become very sick like me.
First Shield = Poison
First Shield Flea Medication sold by Banfield Pet Hospital in Pet Smart is Poison. I do Not use Banfield as vet for my animals, but sometimes purchased Front line flea medication (for prevention) while shopping or having my animals groomed at Pet Smart. I had purchased Front line from them in the past until this last visit. The Banfield receptionist informed me they no longer sold Front line, but carry a new "better" medication, that contained the same ingredient as Front line. She continued by saying the only difference was that First Shield is a faster acting medication with little to no side effect at less cost. LIAR!! The cost wasn't an issue, but the effectivness of the product was. Although I made this clear, the fact that it "cost less" continued to come up. Not wanting to take the word of only a receptionist, I also spoke with a vet tech. who pretty much repeated "the exact" same information. So with the recommendation of both and their high opinion to the "newer and better medication" I purchased the product. Had I been aware that a vet would sell a medication that would possible lead to such devastation side effects, I would have done my research. But again like I said, Banfield staff went out of their way to assure me and praise this product. Why not believe them? Veternarians have dedicated their lives to animals and working in their best interest, in efforts to help and cure sickness and suffering. So I thought..
After putting the product on my cat, she began to rapidly run around the house. She jumped, rolled, and meowed, telling me their was something wrong. The product was burning her skin, I attempted to catch her to wash the product off, but she was in no mood to come near me after I had just put the medication on her that was causing pain. She quickly went under the bed and out of reach. Very lethargic, she would not come out. After a week of feeding her treats and catering her food and water, she eventually came out. The place where the First Shield had been put on "the base of the neck, I applied it correctly", had burned her fur off and left a horrible scab. In an effort of trying to reach the burning and itching, Muph Muph, had scratched around her neck profusely to the point she has no hair, horrible broken and ozzing sores.
I took her immediately to my vet, where he had to look the product up, never hearing of it. He then told me that none of the ingredients in First Shield were in Front line, in fact he had never heard of the ingredient. He also said he found several claims where First Shield (which use to be called Vectra) had caused serious skin burning and irritation, and in the worse cases death in cats and dogs. Muph Muph was given a shot of antibiotic, anti inflammatory, and steroid, resulting in a vet bill well over a hundred dollars. She is recovering SLOWLY and still hides under the bed the majority of the day.
This product is dangerous and should be ripped from the market. Banfield should be ashamed for selling this product, not warning and lying to their customers. They seem to be blinded by greed, rather than dedicated to the animals welfare. I should have known something was wrong when the receptionist and vet tech. spoke about the product as if they were sent home with a memo on what to say. As for the company who makes the products "Vetpharm" sham on you for taking short cuts and not producing the cation label necessary for this product. I have spent a lot of money at Pet Smart since they opened in my area, I love my animals, but I will NEVER set foot back into their store.
Do Not even attempt to try this product, no matter what they say!
LET THE ONE'S IN CHARGE KNOW!!
PLEASE SEE THE COMMENTS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE IF THIS PRODUCT HAS HARMED YOUR PET. INCLUDED ARE INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO JOIN ONE OF THE THREE CLASS ACTIONS LAW SUITS.
ALSO, INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO FILE AN OFFICIAL (QUICK AND EASY) COMPLANT WITH:
· American Association of Veterinary State Boards
· CEO of Banfield
· Contact the CEO of PetSmart and let them know that you’ll NOT shop PetSmart until they kick Banfield to the curb.
All instructions, website, address, and information needed to file an informative complaint are listed in the bottom comment section.
More by this Author
Angela Carter’s “The Fall River Axe Murders” is a short story describing the Borden Family’s past and present moments leading up to their historical murders. The story wanders...
Doberman Pinchers are among the smartest canine breeds in the world. Their personality has been called; breathtakingly perceptive, intuitive, and sensitive. Dobermans look to follow their “pack leader”, who...
I lived in Abilene Texas until I was 9yrs old and the start of 5th grade. We were forced to move after my mom was layer off from Dyase Air Force Base and my dad from General Dynamics. We were content in Abilene, I...