How To Be A Good Doggie Sitter
Being a Dog Sitter is Fun. I'd Love You to Meet the Doggie Children!
These four beautiful golden doodles you see to the right are Rich and Rene's doggie children and I am their doggie sitter for the next five days.
I am also Rich and Rene's next door neighbor and have watched them go through some difficult times within the past two years. Their personal challenges are mostly behind them now and they are out celebrating on a much needed and deserved vacation.
To help my neighbors out, I have offered to be their children's doggie sitter so they can have peace of mind that comes from knowing that their doggie children are being cared for by a trusted neighbor. And who, in their right mind, wouldn't want to play with these golden doodle gems!
The exercise I get from dog sitting keeps me in good physical shape. Playing ball, chase and tag, and building forts out in the fresh air does me wonders and I'm sure for Macy, Ryley, Brodie, and Finni too! These pictures were taken after our second afternoon together. Do these dogs look happy and content or what!
My days of dog sitting are sheer delight. Even Brodie the problem child is on best behavior. Just like we humans like company now and then, so too do these delightful animals love when their dog sitter comes to pay a visit. I know they love me and I love them.
I must go now. Doggie breakfast is over and it's time for the dog sitter to go let them doggies out! Be right back!
Back to the drawing board! The doggie children are tuckered out from play, their hair has been combed, treats given out, hugs, beds made and all four doggie children are in taking a nap for their Auntie Dottie, the dog sitter. Good doggies!
Other Things You Can Do As a Responsible Dog Sitter
Being a good dog sitter can mean much more than providing a dog with food and water. Here are a few things you can do while their guardian's are away on vacation:
1. Know the dogs environment and give them plenty of quality time and exercise.
2. Maintain their regular diet and routine and keep doggies safe.
3. Give them plenty of attention while their family is away. Talk to them often and hug them to let them know they are loved.
4. You can bring in the newspaper and mail so potential burglars don't know the house is unoccupied.
5. You can water plants in the summer or shovel snow from the steps before it freezes up in the winter so you or the dogs do not get hurt.
6. You can groom the dogs and they love to have their bellies patted!
7. Know how to tell if a dog needs veterinary attention.
8. Clean up the yard, you know what I mean!
9. Keep the house in better condition than you found it in!
10. Be a good dog sitter and have fun!
"Golden Doodles Rule The World" Dedicated to Rich, Rene, and their Doggie Children with Love from Auntie Dottie "The Dog Sitter"!
How To Be a Good Dog Sitter at Bark Park
Do these doggies have a good doggie sitter?See results without voting
The Third In A Series / Brought To You By:
More by this Author
A Dove with an Olive Branch is a Symbol of Peace the World Over. It is very difficult to believe it has been four years since you passed through Heaven’s Gate. I will always remember that day, being so near...
Do you ever dream of having your cat in show business? There are several ways to make your cat famous. Make sure you take plenty of pictures of your cat while he is being playful, mischievous and while he is napping. ...
Selling counterfeit products has become common practice where people flock in person at flea markets, college campuses, salons, libraries, swap meets, and at "private homes parties" where the dealer shows you...