How To Care For Frilled Dragons
Frilled Dragons, Frilled Lizard Care Tips
Own your own Jurassic park dinosaur or at least one like it and a lot less deadly. The Frilled Dragon is a great looking reptile but is definitely not for the beginner because of the size that they reach as well as the care they need.
- Size up to 32 inches.
- Region: New Guinea, Australia
- Lifespan: Up to 12 years
- Diet:Babies should be fed two to three times a day. You should feed them small crickets,meal worms, butter worms. Vegetable matter is also important for the frilled dragon for their vitamins and minerals you can use green leaf lettuce, fruits, vegetables, To insure your frilled lizard is getting all they need for their nutritional needs you should used a ,multi-vitamin dust or calcium dust and sprinkle it on the crickets.
- You should also leave a water dish in the cage that is big enough for them to fully submerge in.
- Heat: The temperature in the habitat should be around 80 to 90 degrees F during the day and you can reach that with basking lights, ceramic heaters, or heated pet mats for the cage. At night around 75 to 80 degrees F is great and same with that you can reach that by doing a night basking light.
- Habitat Requirements: You should use a 30 gallon for juveniles and a 125 gallon tank for adults with lots of crawling and climbing items for add basking and comfort.
Are Frilled Dragons Friendly?
Yes and No. If you hold and carry them a little bit they get use to hands and can make great pets for people. People are afraid of them because of the movie Jurassic park and the frilling display that they do. Thousands of people own them for pets ad I think it will be a new and upcoming pet.
More by this Author
My male Parrot Cichlid Check out http://myaquariumbox.com/ it's like a magazine subscription you can use. Sign up for your box today!! Blood Parrot Cichlids have been in the hobby for about 10 years and don't seem to...
Breeding plecos can be extremely difficult but given the right steps you to can breed this fish the easiest breed of pleco to breed is the bushy nose pleco because they are the easiest to tell the difference between the...
If your looking to get into breeding guppies then check out this article it has detailed video, writing and pictures to help with breeding and caring for guppies.
No comments yet.