How to Help Save Wild Seals
Animal adoption saves seals and other animals.
Animal adoption has become a very popular way of making a commitment to taking care of a creature, without having to physically do anything, or having to home one for yourself. We are, by and large, a nation of animal and wildlife lovers. And as such we generally like to ensure the welfare of the animals that require our assistance, whether they are foreign and exotic or domestic pets.
These types of projects are a great way of enabling people to help the animals they love, who because of situation or lifestyle would otherwise be unable too. By giving a regular but manageable amount of money to the organization of their choice every month, they can still make a noticeable difference to the lives of creatures in need.
Animals like wild seal pups are in danger of extinction, as they are still being clubbed to death for their soft white fur, that is only present when they are young, and is lost as they reach adulthood. The money made from animal adoption programs, help protect these vulnerable seals.
Whats in a name?
Some companies let you name your animal but unfortunately some don't, if this is an important factor in whether you decide to adopt an animal or not then you may want to find out first to avoid disappointment later.
It's worth considering.
Although it is unlikely that you will ever get to physically meet your adopted animal there have been some cases where it has happened for some lucky adopters so it's not an impossibility.
It is worth baring in mind that this is not common practice though and only a few very fortunate people have experienced this, you may be one of them in the future, but only if you're lucky.
There are many other animals that can be helped.
The variety of animals that you can adopt are many, here are just a few of the more popular examples;
- Killer Whales.
- Polar bears.
- Dogs and all kinds of other weird and wonderful creatures.
It's a great idea.
Adopting an animal is an education and a helping hand for the wildlife of the world. Animal adoption makes a great gift for animal lovers, they will really appreciate this thoughtful and generous present.
This is a fun, rewarding and special way that you can help save animals that are in danger of extinction, that are poached and mutilated and that find their habitat destroyed by human development deforestation and pollution.
The more people that put their hands in their pockets and pledge money for such causes the greater the chance we have of successfully replenishing deteriorating populations.
Help change the future.
History has already sent us warnings from the past, the species that have already been driven to extinction by human hand. All manor of fascinating creatures will never be seen by our eyes as living breathing beings, or have the chance to walk with us on the planet, which is terribly sad. They are all lost forever in time never to return.
Lets put our best foot forward and do what we can now so that our children and our children's, children can see these animals for themselves too, not have to say I remember when pandas or some other great animal, were still alive. I miss them.
What do you get when you adopt?
- When you decide to adopt an animal you will receive an adoption pack, these will involve things like; An information booklet, containing lots of information, facts, history and statistics about your chosen adopted animal.
- You will receive an adoption certificate with your name on it, your adopted animals name on it and a signature from an official representative of the animal adoption organization.
- Most of these packs will include a photograph and/or poster of your animal, sometimes this is even framed. You will get details of their website so that you can read articles, blog posts and the latest conservation news.
- You can find out about events, both locally and internationally, that are wildlife related. As well as view pictures and video footage, that is updated often, so you can see the environment and your creature change and grow.
- There are usually forums so that you can communicate with other people that have adopted animals too, and share your thoughts, feelings and ideas.
- The company will probably also provide a DVD for you to watch so that you can become more familiar with your animal, the organization and what they are doing with your money.
- Some provide a sample of a magazine that you will either get as part of the adoption package or that you will be able to subscribe to.
- A cuddly toy, these are a relatively new idea for most companies, however they have become a very popular addition to the adoption package.
- Some of these schemes also include regular update letters from your adopted animal letting you know what they have been getting up to and thanking you for your kindness and generosity.
It really does make a difference.
These adoption schemes have helped many animals remain in the wild yet still be protected and looked after. Animals get hunted and killed for many different reasons like their fur, their tusks, their teeth, their bones, for medication and sometimes just for sport.
Adoption is an ongoing financial commitment, although the cost is relatively low each month it is a long term effort you will need to make sure that you keep paying it every month.
More by this Author
How can you have a conversation without people knowing what you are talking about? You could communicate using sign language, or whisper, or go somewhere private. Or you could always do what they did in the East end...
Every so often we find ourselves at a time in our life when we feel a change of self or direction is required and desired. You contemplate your current situation and the way you feel about yourself at these pivotal or...
Acting is by far one of the hardest professions to obtain regular work in and harder still to achieve any success, fame or wealth in. The glamour and opulence of celebrity is extremely alluring and the prestige of being...