Step by step on how to make a planted aquarium at home
I love fishes and I have planted my own aquarium at home. You too can do it. In order to create your own planted aquarium at home, follow the steps below.
- First you have to decide the size of the tank to set up a planted aquarium. For example: 3 x 1.5 x 1.5 feet.
- For a planted tank, lightning is more important. The calculation for this is 3-4 watts per gallon. For the tank size above mentioned, we need four 2-feet Phillips CFL lights.
- At first keep the peat cakes and spread the fe-humus substrate and then spread the Laterite soil substrate. The layer should be 3 inches of thickness.
- Make the substrate wet by just adding 2-3 liters of water.
- Set the internal filter or external filter (top filter is preferred).
- Fill the tank with plants and aquarium driftwood.
- Now add 1/2 of water and switch on the filter system.
- Switch on the lights.
- After 4 days increase the water level to top.
- Start giving Co2 (carbon dioxide) after day 10.
- The tank gets matured after 20 days.
- Now u can add fishes.
What is a peat cake?
Peat cake is a humus cake, which does not clog the water, and it gives constant supply of nutrition. Gives lush green and gives good ambiance and look to your aquarium.
More by this Author
Recently, a friend of mine asked me that I have been driving Maruti Alto Lxi since last four years now and I want to sell my old car. I would like buy a new car in the budget of 3.5 lacs and my father is really...
Presented here is a list of 11 costliest fighters jets on earth with pictures and brief history of course.....
If you want to experience ultimate thrill, adventure, and a day full of excitement and fun, then Adventure Island, Rohini, is the best place in Delhi.