Is "Bark Off" A Scam?
Barking is a fact of life for anyone who lives with or near a vocal dog. Some dogs bark to communicate, while others bark due to obsessions or simply because they like the sound of their own voice. Either way, persistent barking can drive even the most patient dog lover to their wit's end. Thankfully, savvy developers have come up with new tools to help reduce this annoying behaviour. One such tool is called Bark Off (also known as Bark Buster).
The Bark Off anti-barking device uses ultrasonic soundwaves to distract the dog from its obsessive barking. As humans, we cannot hear these soundwaves, but the dog and their keen sense of hearing actually find these soundwaves to be highly distracting and even irritating. This is displayed in the Bark Off's infomercial, aired throughout the U.S.
Understandably, many people are dubious about the legitimacy of "as seen on tv" products. So is Bark Off a scam? Does is actually work as advertised, or will you simply be another victim of a rip-off product?
It can be difficult to find honest feedback on the success of the Bark Off device. The company that produced the new tool have a very healthy affiliate program, so it can be tricky to determine what is an honest review and what is simply a savvy internet marketer's sales pitch. Fortunately there are sources that have a good reputation for mostly honest customer feedback, such as Amazon. Bark Off reviews on Amazon give good insight into the product's efficacy, and help you to make an informed decision.
Below, we have summarized some of the major points that were consistently brought up by Bark Off customers.
In Favour Of Bark Off
- There have been reports that the Bark Off does indeed work. Some people have nuisance barkers in the household, and the use of the device has all but completely stopped the problem. The dogs seem to be put off by the sound and cease barking.
- Customers have also reported that the dog actually doesn't bark as often even after the device is switched off. The product has been recommended by a number of dog owners and even dog rescue personnel.
- The customers who have had the most success have been those who team the use of the Bark Off device with traditional training techniques. They use the device to reinforce verbal commands or gestures.
- The device is very inexpensive compared to other anti-barking devices on the market.
- Customers who were particularly diligent during the ordering process did not experience any problems with overcharging except for the expected secondary shipping charge for the "buy 2 for the price of 1" deal.
- Customers who purchased the device through Amazon or other animal supply stores didn't have to deal with the apparently spotty customer service offered by the Bark Off manufacturers.
Against The Bark Off
- Unfortunately, there has been a large number of customers who have stated that the product didn't have any effect on their dog's barking.
- Some customers have reported that while the device seemed to work at first, after a few uses the dog became desensitized to the sound and was no longer bothered by it.
- Other customers say that their dog reacted rather negatively to the Bark Off device. Some dogs become completely "terrorized" or otherwise distressed when the device is switched on, leading the dog owner to wonder what impact the device has on their pet's mental stability.
- The quality of the device has been criticized by a number of customers also, saying that the Bark Off is cheaply made and easily broken. Others don't know whether the device simply doesn't work on their dog or if they've simply received a faulty product, as there is no visual or audible indication that the product is working.
- Customers who purchase the product directly from the company have complained about the deception during the check-out process (there are numerous attempts to "up-sell" and there is no way to review your final order before checkout) as well as poor customer service in general (inability to contact customer service, botched up shipping arrangements, etc).
So is Bark Off a scam? Due to the fact that there are people who have experienced positive results using the Bark Off, it would be incorrect to call it a scam. It does seem that the product has mixed results however, so do not expect a guaranteed result if you decide to purchase the Bark Off. On the plus side, the device is not overly expensive compared to other anti-bark devices, so you won't be much out of pocket if the device didn't work for you.
Have YOU used Bark Off? What was your experience? Please feel free to leave a comment below!
- Ultrasonic Bark Control | Things we should know
What is an ultrasonic bark control device? This little piece of equipment was invented to stop incessant barking by releasing an annoying tone that is only audible to our dogs. The intention is, the dogs will...
- Bark Off Scam
How can you possibly say that Bark Off is a scam? Well I don't think it is. I personally think that the accusation that Bark Off is a scam merely exists out of the desperation of competing brands vying for...
- Bark Off Dog Barking Control
Bark Off Dog Barking Control is and ultasonic device designed to painlessly stop your dog from barking. Read BarkOff Reviews Online before you buy
More by this Author
Fleas are wingless, blood sucking parasites that are notorious for the irritation they cause us and our pets. Even though the fleas that are typically encountered in the urban environment are more interested in our...
Dogs truly are "man's best friend". For centuries they have blessed our homes with their loyal love and companionship. Unfortunately, there are times when people have to part with their furry friend. Perhaps a...
The teddy bear dog is a new breed of "designer dog" that was first introduced at the start of the new millenium. Also known as the Zuchon or Shuchon, this dog has earned its place as one of the cutest...