Top Ten Best Dogs for Kids
American Bull Dog
Old English Sheep Dog
Top Ten Best Dogs for Kids
Choosing a new member of the family can be a daunting task. Dogs have been a favorite choice for many families for the camaraderie they possess and the loyalty they give wholeheartedly. Deciding on what dog to bring in to your home is an extremely personal choice, one that should be made with most care and thought. After all, Spike, Max or Sasha will hopefully be an addition to your loved ones for years to come.
Here are some great choices that have been voted family-friendly and exceptionally great with children.
1. American Bulldog ~ A dog that many might consider a dog's dog. Masculine, sturdy and solid. They have a deep sincerity and when around children are genuinely affectinate.
2. Beagle ~ This small hound is a personal favorite of mine. It was my first true friend. Small and strong, the beagle is a favorite among many with it's pleading eyes and warm personality. This dog also happens to fit perfectly in the lap of a young child. The beagle is also hard to resist and makes an excellent playmate.
3. Boston Terrier ~ Compact and muscular the Boston Terrier can be loads of fun to have around. Originally bred to take part in silly dog fights, this dog has proved to be above such madness. Extremely intelligent and sensitive to tone of voice, this dog is great with kids and easy to train. Obedient and friendly.
4. Collie ~ Remember the days of the popular T.V. Show Lassie? Timmy knew exactly how loyal a friend this dog can be. Regal, smart and sensitive to it's families needs. This is one of the best choices a family can make in deciding on a permanent addition.
5. English Setter ~ The English Setter is a gorgeous animal. A real beauty among his peers. This dog is very gentle and loving. The English Setter can be very active and can usually keep up with any child's energy level.
6. Golden Retriever ~ Shiny coat, beautiful warm eyes and sturdy body. This sociable dog is a perfect candidate for obedience training. A people-pleaser who loves to run-around and is always extremely affectionate. Kids will love spending time with this dog, maybe even more so than their own human friends.
7. Great Dane ~ A larger dog that stands above the rest. Powerful and royal, this dog is a heroic friend and will always show enormous loyalty to it's family. A bit difficult to train for some, but well worth the effort.
8. Labrador Retriever ~ A big bear of a dog. Loving and huggable. The Labrador Retriever is even-tempered and one you can always count on. The Lab is known to be happiest when around children.
9. Mastiff ~ A dog that will guard you with his life. The Mastiff is on the more dense and heavier side of usual dog frames. Patient and happy, this dog adores being around children and will always remain true-blue to it's human friends.
10. Old English Sheep dog ~ Shaggy and well-coordinated, this dog is one you will always look forward to coming home to. Beautiful sincere eyes and a faithfulness that would put him ahead of the rest. These dogs prefer to be close to their human "siblings" in order to cuddle. A great choice and one that will reap the greatest memories for your family that will last a lifetime.
More by this Author
Home remedies for the Painful Corn Corns are horrible. Painful and annoying. Drug stores offer commercially approved corn removers that are somewhat pricey and sometimes ineffective. With budgets taking precedence...
To guard and protect their owners is a universal personality trait among most dogs. Undying devotion and the sincerest form of loyalty are also high on the list in the description of man's best friend. During struggling...
“No other acoustic instrument can match the piano's expressive range, and no electric instrument can match its mystery.” Kenneth Miller Joe Jackson ~ Steppin' Out Timeless, well-written and one of...