ptosis profile image 81

My dog bit me and drew blood - should I put it down?

Today, the dog bit me. Hard. On the thumb, deep puncture wound and black and blue mark on the nail. I thoughtlessly took a big bone away from her without testing first how Jackie would react. Because it wasn't dog food that she gulped down in 3 seconds - I took the bone by my hand while she was chewing. It hurt bad. Later still upset, I called the former owner. He lied to me. He had to hesistate befoer answering my question, "Has the dog ever bit a human before?" He said, "Errr ... not that I recall." He is full of crap. This in one thing that is not int the training books. Please help.

JayeWisdom profile image94

Jaye Denman (JayeWisdom) says

Seeker7 profile image95

Helen Murphy Howell (Seeker7) says

mikejhca profile image85

Michael H (mikejhca) says

MegySu profile image61

MegySu says

Desertarmor profile image73

Desertarmor says

• ptosis profile image

ptosis 4 years ago

This was no puppy and I returned it to the owner via the pound because I really didn't want to return to that the dog to that crazy woman who abused it in the first place. I wrote a long story about it, "Adopting a Problem Dog" I have a chug now.

Poethepoet profile image75

Poethepoet says

• ptosis profile image

ptosis 4 years ago

Yeah, that's want a lot of people said to me. I must've grew up spoiled because all the dogs were good and soft mouth.

MomsTreasureChest profile image74

MomsTreasureChest says

• ptosis profile image

ptosis 4 years ago

dog is back with original owner for the past few months I've had a different dog, Chuggers, 3/4 chihuahua , 1/4 pug. Chugs is the dog for me. And is not food possessive at all. Chugs is super smart & I gives thanks 2 previous owner who did a goo

Dubuquedogtrainer profile image60

Dubuquedogtrainer says

Adopting a Problem Dog Diary81

Adopting a Problem Dog Diary

|  34 comments
Jesus was a hippy profile image60

Jesus was a hippy says

0

Larry Wall says

dadibobs profile image61

dadibobs says