tobusiness profile image 86

Do you believe it is amoral to buy a pet when the animal rescue centers are bursting at the seams?

When walking our recently rescued dog in the our local park yesterday, my husband and myself stopped and exchanged a few words with a very nice gentle man who expressed his belief that it is amoral to buy a dog when so many need good homes. This made me stop and think, but what do you think is it amoral?

bethperry profile image88

bethperry says

• libby1970 profile image

libby1970 4 years ago

Very true. However, the more people buy at these places, the more reason to keep breeding. So if people become aware of the situation they're more likely to adopt than buy and it would keep these breeders from producing more pups.

lisasuniquevoice profile image68

Lisa Brown (lisasuniquevoice) says

relache profile image87

Raye (relache) says

• tobusiness profile image

Jo Alexis-Hagues (tobusiness) 4 years ago

I agree that people should be able to provide for the animals in their care, some just abandon these animals without caring what happens to them.

Most rescue centers do charge, but the money goes to the care and upkeep of the animals.

libby1970 profile image83

libby1970 says

MarcusJ profile image61

Marcus J. Guidry (MarcusJ) says

Diana Hernandez profile image76

Diana Hernandez says

alvairs profile image52

Barrington Nixon (alvairs) says