StandingJaguar profile image 94

How do you decide that you can afford to get a pet?

How do you know whether you can financially afford to have a pet? Or, which kind of pet you can afford? Pets have monthly expenses, occasional vet bills, and possibly unexpected vet emergencies. So how would a pet-less person know they can now take the plunge?

agilitymach profile image99

Best Answer agilitymach says

• StandingJaguar profile image

Amy (StandingJaguar) 4 years ago

Wow! What an answer! You could definitely turn this into a hub if you wanted to! I did not even think of some of the things on your list, so thanks for being so thorough!

DrMark1961 profile image90

DrMark1961 says

• StandingJaguar profile image

Amy (StandingJaguar) 4 years ago

Thanks for your answer. I'm not getting a pet right now, but asked for the future, when my financial situation breaks even and stabilizes. I take owning a pet very seriously, and do not plan on getting one until I know I can care for it sufficiently.

Goody5 profile image84

Goody5 says

• StandingJaguar profile image

Amy (StandingJaguar) 4 years ago

Thanks for commenting. I am thinking about pets in the future. I do not believe my current situation is fair (or affordable) for the animal. I was just wondering how expensive (or not) others found it to be!

• StandingJaguar profile image

Amy (StandingJaguar) 4 years ago

I'm sorry to hear that. I believe the humane society offers cheaper neutering services. As for declawing, is there a reason to do it? It's not a necessary procedure. Thanks for commenting!

successdotnet profile image60

successdotnet says