Bishop55 profile image 91

A humping Maine Coon issue!

I have a 3 year old Maine Coon.He has bad habit,he humps.He is fixed.He mounts my leg or arms.He only does this to me.I’ve read this could be a dominance issue,but lately it does not appear to be.He starts being affectionate and then starts humping non-sense.I gently remove him,and tell him no in a stern voice,but that does not detour him for long.I want him to be a cuddly cat,not a pervert.How can I stop this behavior?! Is this an age issue? Will he grow out of this? I have not owned a young cat for many years. The tabby I used to have hump stuffed animals,but never me!

0

• Bishop55 profile image

Rebecca (Bishop55) 4 years ago

This is an interesting answer. I will try this. I do adore my cats, all the ones I've ever had, and I try to give him plenty of attention, but maybe he is lonely. I would hate to have to discuss anti-depressants with the vet.