JayeWisdom profile image 93

Is it possible to re-train an adult dog to use a potty pad indoors when it rains? How?

Best Answer Peeples says

• JayeWisdom profile image

Jaye Denman (JayeWisdom) 4 years ago

Thanks for your response. I'm trying out the pad today. No luck so far, but I don't expect it to be easy.

JayeWisdom profile image93

Jaye Denman (JayeWisdom) says

• Sarra Garrett 4 years ago

It will take a while to train her to go on the pad so be patient. She needs to smell her own urine in order to use the pad. Praise her when she does use it. Bless your heart and keep me informed.

agilitymach profile image98

agilitymach says

• JayeWisdom profile image

Jaye Denman (JayeWisdom) 4 years ago

I actually bought the largest dog litterbox I could find and line it with a puppy pad, which I have on the screened-in porch. She will step into the box, turn around and...sit! I wiped a bit of her urine on a paper towel and placed 'neath the pad.

0

Sarra Garrett says

• Sarra Garrett 4 years ago

Got ya. Put the pad (use the people bed pads) and put some of her feces on the pad placing it on the back porch. Also you can put her urine on it which will help. She needs to smell where she needs to pee when it's raining out.