Lee Tea profile image 93

How do you befriend a crow?

They love the walnuts in my used this time of year...take them to the lightpost and drop them in front of passing cars to crack them open! So cool, and so amazingly intelligent. Anything I can do to begin interacting with them? (my kids like getting them to respond to our crow calls)

aviannovice profile image88

Best Answer Deb Hirt (aviannovice) says

• Lee Tea profile image

Lee Tea 3 years ago

**blinks twice, squints** you don't look like a novice... lol :)

Thanks for the great info, I really appreciate it. This'll be so fun to work on with my scientifically-minded daughters through the fall and winter! We'll take pics and do a journal!

CraftytotheCore profile image97

CraftytotheCore says

• Lee Tea profile image

Lee Tea 3 years ago

I'm about to let my kids give the 'keets a ceremonial send-off. They'll think they're doing a beautiful thing, and I'll just let that be that lol...

Borsia profile image59

Borsia says

• Lee Tea profile image

Lee Tea 3 years ago

*Do not befriend badger* ... got it. You're a regular Snow White...

In our small city lot we have tons of chipmunk and squirrels, blue jays and a regular family of cardinals I feed from the feeder (well, until the squirrels chew it down..)

0

• Lee Tea profile image

Lee Tea 3 years ago

Nice to meet you on some common ground JT. I heard popcorn's good too. Like the idea of something shiny, same spot, and using voice - watched a show on how they recognize faces, maybe special hat/feathers? This'll be fun - I can hear them now! Thx!

bluesradio profile image16

Marc Lee (bluesradio) says

• Lee Tea profile image

Lee Tea 15 months ago

Keep it simple... makes sense :) You know, I posted this a while ago and it's again that time of year when they're around for the walnuts. Nice timing calling our attention back to this thread - winter will be here soon...now's my chance!

Helps To Be In A Historical Church16

Helps To Be In A Historical Church

|  0 comments