To cat owners, is is cruel to de-claw cats?

Is is actually cruel to a cat to de-claw a cat, if it will remain an indoor cat? I know if the cat will be an outdoor cat, it must have its claws. I am just curious, if it is not a good thing to do to a cat. Thank you for answering.

Sparklea profile image78

Best Answer Sparklea says

Oh, I am so thankful you have answered dear Sparklea, for I know you would give a great answer from your heart, being a cat lover. That is what I am thinking, it is just so unnatural and God gave them claws for a reason! Hugs and blessings

bethperry profile image88

bethperry says

Hi bethperry, thank you for answering. Yes, it just seems natural for them to have their claws that they are born with for a reason, and maybe it is not cruel, but just unnatural for the cat to be without their claws.

grejotte profile image82

Anne-Marie (grejotte) says

Oh, my goodness, how terrible!!! Thank you, grejotte, for sharing all of the facts! Yes, good thing I asked and I hope many read.

0

dragonflycolor says

Hi dragonflycolor, thank you for answering. Yes, that is what I am thinking that it is natural for them to have claws, and it would be cruel if they were to get outside without any protection or just to do that natural clawing and climbing they love