swilliams profile image 81

Would you or have you ever had a funeral for your deceased pet?

I was recently invited to a pet furneral. The dog swallowed a penny. This lady friend of mine paid a lot of money for the dog swallow surgery and it still died...and now she is having furneral. The furneral is over a thousand dollars. Am I mean for thinking that my friend should find pine box or shoe box. Can't she bury it in the back yard. It's a small dog. The dog was very rude by the way. She did not know that dog for long time. I don't go. I sent her a sorry that your dog died card, they make those kind of cards nowadays. That should be enough. Right?

lisavollrath profile image90

Best Answer Lisa Vollrath (lisavollrath) says

• swilliams profile image

Emunah La Paz (swilliams) 2 years ago

Lisavollrath, I am so sorry to hear of your rat terrier's death. Number # I I have never heard of a rat terrier and #2 I never knew that they could have a stroke! I like how you said you will carry memories in your heart. Beautiful!

goatfury profile image89

Andrew Smith (goatfury) says

Arachnea profile image84

Tanya Jones (Arachnea) says

• swilliams profile image

Emunah La Paz (swilliams) 2 years ago

Sorry for your loss Arachnea! I do consider that pet funerals bring closure. My friend blew up giant pictures of that strange looking dog. I just wish it looked normal. It looked scary like a bad Gremlin, I will be supportive. Love is blind.

SilentMagenta profile image78

SilentMagenta says

• swilliams profile image

Emunah La Paz (swilliams) 2 years ago

Your friend only paid $10 for her pets funeral? Wow! I knew she was being ripped off. I bet you someone is going sing and everything and that is just not normal to me. However I will try to help her look for a new dog, thanks SilentMagenta.

swilliams profile image81

Emunah La Paz (swilliams) says

Darla Dollman 2 years ago

Yes, it is called a "strike," common in spring when male birds see their reflections in windows. It also happens if the windows are too clean. I lived in a round, glass house in the Texas Hill Country surrounded by forest...and birds!

Darla Dollman says