Have you ever had a parakeet or other bird that talks for a pet, and if so, what did it say?

I had a lot of parakeets growing up for pets. The only thing we could ever teach them to say is "Hello", so I was wondering if you had a parakeet or other bird that could be taught to talk, what were you able to teach your bird(s) to say? Thank you for sharing..

annart profile image89

Best Answer Ann Carr (annart) says

Hi Ann, Thank you so much for sharing all about Coco ... hahaha what a hoot as we say here in the South! He was a multi-talented bird, and I know you both miss him terribly. Coco sounds like a one of a kind bird!

Old-Empresario profile image88

Old-Empresario says

Hello Old-Empresario, Nice to meet you. Your hubber name is interesting. LOL, oh, my goodness ... I would have jumped out of my skin too. You describe that scenario perfectly hahaha. Thank you for sharing!

mdscoggins profile image88

Michelle Scoggins (mdscoggins) says

Hi mdscoggins, Oh, I am sorry about what happened to your blue parakeet, Stitch. I love that name. Hahaha, so interesting about learning the language of the squirrels!!! Thank you for sharing.

Hi Eric, Thank you for sharing about Bronco. I love that name too. Hahaha about him barking like a dog! I bet he was saying "let me out" hee hee. Blessings

Jodah profile image86

John Hansen (Jodah) says

Hi John (Jodah), hee hee ... what a talented, dancing and talking galah. Cocky was certainly cocky LOL. That is sweet about him allowing you to scratch him. Did he actually get a cup of tea to drink LOL? Yes, they can live a long life. Thanks!

Teeuwynn Woodruff profile image90

Teeuwynn Woodruff says

Hello Tee ... Oh, I bet she is lovely with all of her brilliant colors. She is a smart parrot for sure. Thank you for sharing. Interesting how she rings like a phone too.

Eeks! Oh dear! Cats will do that if they get hold of birds no doubt.

Ann1Az2 profile image60

Ann1Az2 says

Hahaha, oh, my goodness, how cute!!! Wow, she was a hoot of a pet indeed. I love all she said. Thank you for sharing, Ann