Can cats get laryngitis?

My cat, George, is an in-door/out-door cat. I noticed this morning when he came in from outside, that when he tried to meow, there was no sound coming out of his mouth. If so, what can they be given for a sore throat? Thank you for answering. The photo is my photo of George next to Big Bear and Larry, the surprised cucumber ...

Jackie Lynnley profile image75

Best Answer Jackie Lynnley says

Faith Reaper 11 months ago

Oh, wow, Jackie, I would have never thought of olive oil but it makes perfect sense for sure! I will try that and let you know thank you!

MizBejabbers says

Faith Reaper 11 months ago

Oh, dear, about the bone ...you know, MizB, George had been acting like he needs to cough up something but not like a furball or anything ...I sure hope there is nothing stuck in his throat! He still is not meowing but seems fine otherwise. Thank you

Bob Bamberg profile image92

Bob Bamberg says

Faith Reaper 11 months ago

Oh dear, Bob, that is a bit scary for sure! Well, his is like a ghost meow and not a hoarse sound, so maybe that is a good sign. Yes, maybe time for a Vet trip for sure. Hmm, well, I just remembered he was having a bit of a hoarse meow last week.

Sparklea profile image78

Sparklea says

Faith Reaper 11 months ago

Hi Dear Lea, I know how much you love your cats and care for them. George is eating some and purrs, but no meow sound is coming out of his mouth yet. If he doesn't start meowing soon, we will take him on to the vet. Thank you for caring. God bless

Romeos Quill profile image69

Romeos Quill says

Faith Reaper 11 months ago

Hahaha, Romeos, that photo does seem to crack everyone up. Larry, the cucumber, may be more relaxed now that he realizes George does not care to eat cucumbers! Yes, maybe time for a Vet visit. I'm so happy to see you popping in here. Hugs