My dog has a pancreatic tumor, & the vet had said by the end of this month he wouldn't be able to live anymore. I'll be leaving for school on the 25th of this month & I have been debating whether or not to put him down before I leave while he's still somewhat healthy & has less pain, or if I should just let him go until he can't make it anymore. If I go with the second option, I won't be able to say goodbye to him, and he's the best friend I've ever had. There's times I know now he's hurting. Either way this decision is very difficult for me. What do you all think is the right thing to do?