jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

videotaping pets or taking pictures

1. ptosis profile image80
    ptosisposted 4 years ago

Can somebody be to 'into' their pet? Taking pictures, videos and dog clothes. I bought a Black Widow costume for a $1 at the flea market for Halloween.

Should I just like start hanging out with humans more? Am I getting too weird?

Yesterday I was hiking and yes - I did take video of 2 peregrine eagles but then I also video taped my dog with the audio 'born free'

It's shaky because I was doing it free hand. I had the tripod with me, but movement is too fast for me to follow. I sometimes use my hiking stick as a monopod but not this time - obviously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKypL5be1t0   (peregrine eagles)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A46yNPokZ8 (my little dog with a huge heart)

2. Shaddie profile image94
    Shaddieposted 4 years ago

I really don't think this makes you too "into" your pet. I videotape my dog watching TV because I think it's hilarious, and I'm always taking pictures of him for some reason. I think this is natural for anyone who loves their animals.

When you start dressing your dog up in costumes on days other than Halloween, feeding them with a baby bottle, rolling them around in a stroller, and painting their nails, then I would worry.

1. ptosis profile image80
      ptosisposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You mean like these? Didn't even know they existed:

Nail covers for dogs who live in houses with hardwood floors

Soft Claws Nail Caps Many Colors

Cat also!

I bet they walk funny. Ever tried to put on dog shoes at the pet store? Won't last a second.

Although they have kevlar  paw protectors for working dogs resistant to broken glass ($75)

1. Shaddie profile image94
        Shaddieposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No...lol, I mean like people will actually go to the groomer's to get their pet's nails painted, like a manicure!

3. Maria Cecilia profile image81
    Maria Ceciliaposted 4 years ago

Don't worry you are normal.... join groups of dog lovers and you will see they are doing the same thing, I have less that 20 videos of my dog Peso at youtube, you can check it out if you want peso72722k. I once attempted to make a comic version of him but found it too expensive, but you can check my hubs, I have one hub about my attempt to cartoonize my dog, I have plenty of dog photos, I set pictorials everymonth, I contribute my story in one animal magazine in my country and I am always happier to use my dogs' photo in it.... what else, I knew a lot of dog owners who joined thier dogs in fashion show, the manicure toe nails. good luck to you...and just enjoy yourself

4. Maria Cecilia profile image81
    Maria Ceciliaposted 4 years ago

by the way you are doing fine just don't  get overboard... what I mean by this, ah don't compromise the comfort of your pets.... and make sure they are safe... their safety and comfort should be our main priority..

5. ptosis profile image80
    ptosisposted 4 years ago

i was looking at the paw protectors not for fashion but for the 'goatheads' stickers found in the Arizona desert. Never did  get them. Tried a cheap one at the pet store and they come off in 5 seconds. But it is funny looking watching them trying to walk.