jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (17 posts)

Merry Christmas...from a hound dog!

1. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 4 years ago

I just wrote a hub about the smartest and dumbest dogs, and I took some pics for the hub. I just had to share this one as a way to spread the holiday cheer on the forums! Poor ol' Sparky ain't too smart, but he's really cute and sweet.

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7473871_f248.jpg

1. LQWILLIams profile image92
      LQWILLIamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ahh. cute

2. wetnosedogs profile image60
      wetnosedogsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

He's adorable.
      Happy Holidays!

2. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 4 years ago

Thanks, guys!

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ah, he's lovely. Photogenic too! lol

1. habee profile image91
        habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks! We got him from our local shelter.

Well he may not be very bright, but I bet he's bright enough to work out that he's doing OK for himself. A new home! smile

1. habee profile image91

True, Hollie. He's definitely leading a great life now!

All my dogs bar the first dog I had as a girl, and one other where the owner was 'getting rid', have been from animal rescue centres. I've have some fantastic dogs- but this one, a Border Collie cross, is the single most intelligent dog that I've ever come across. She needs tons of exercise though, but she's bright as a button. I've trained her to close the door behind her when she enters a room, she knows whether we're walking or travelling in the car by which keys I pick up and she's now learned that if I spell out l-e-a-d to the kids, and I mean spell not say, it means we're going for a walk. She used to get so excited when I said lead that I'd start spelling it out to indicate to the kids, without getting her all worked up, that I'd be taking Tilly out soon.

3. ESPeck1919 profile image90
    ESPeck1919posted 4 years ago

Oh, what a cutie!

4. profile image0
    Kathryn LJposted 4 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/7474498_f248.jpg

Zoidberg wishes you all a happy Christmas too. big_smile

Ahh. big_smile

2. habee profile image91

Too cute!

5. Joseph041167 profile image61
    Joseph041167posted 4 years ago

Is that a beagle? WE had beagles growing up, and so did both sets of my grandparents. There is something about Beagles, they are the loveliest dogs. There are two beagles in my neighborhood. Every beagle I have ever known are very skilled at digging out under the fence. These two get out and they are the barkenest dogs. They stick togethor like a team, never leave, always side by side, like twins. They roam the neighborhood and find a stranger passerby and start barking excessively. My impression is that they are not getting any hunt run time. They have powerful inbred instincts, like a huge itch that must be scratched. They have to run, and they have to chase game, that is what they do, just how they roll. These are city dogs, who know not what they are doing, and that is how they accomplish these huge unconscious instinctual urges, drives. They think they are hunting, trailing, cornering a deer, for practice. Poor dogs. Beagles though, you just want to rap them in your arms. A beagle is always the best friend anywhere that you could ever find. Beagles are the most playable dogs, ball, wrestling, tag, whatever.

1. profile image0
      Kathryn LJposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Looks like a beagle, they are very popular over here.  They are such happy dogs. smile

2. habee profile image91

Are you asking about the first or the second dog pic? The first is a Basset hound. Not 100% sure about the second. Looks like a bearded beagle to me! lol

1. profile image0
        Kathryn LJposted 4 years ago in reply to this

2nd dog is a Jack Russell in a Santa disguise.  He likes fancy dress, and always dresses as Santa during the festive season. big_smile

working