jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (17 posts)

ferrets

1. juggalo 4 eva profile image60
    juggalo 4 evaposted 8 years ago

are ferrets good pets?

1. Stacie L profile image87
      Stacie Lposted 8 years ago in reply to this

They may be cute but they like to "dig" through upholstered furniture! My neighbors had ferrets for pets and all the couches and chairs had holes because the ferrets liked to hide.smile

1. goldentoad profile image61
        goldentoadposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I had a friend that had a beer drinking feret, it was real cool and friendly, but for some reason, they're illegal in Cali, so I can't have one. wish I could though.

1. profile image0
          C. C. Riterposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Trust me toad. no you don't.

2. juggalo 4 eva profile image60

okay peoples here is how this goes! I have had 9 ferrets and they are the best animals ever! I have only had one that like to claw furniture and that is because i got him when he was olser so i couldn't teach him better! his name was frito bandito! i loved him! But seriously if you guys have any questions regarding ferrets email me at nicsjuggalo@yahoo.com or wait until my new hub is published! it will be on ferrets!

3. juggalo 4 eva profile image60

anyone here?

4. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 8 years ago

Ferrets are adoreable but they stink somethin awful tongue lol ... you should write Hubs about them smile inform, teach and raise awareness... on care, tricks, annoyances, etc .. all about ferrets. It would be good I think. I am sure you are not the only ferret pet owner and finding info in ONE place on the ONE subject may draw you a fan base. smile go for it!

5. tonks21 profile image57
    tonks21posted 8 years ago

Ferrets scare me. My sister had one for a few months and I didn't get near the thing or hold it. It smelled horrible and it has scary eyes and big claws!

6. DonnaCSmith profile image83
    DonnaCSmithposted 8 years ago

We used to have one. We built a hutch for it at our stables. He was so funny and cute. We could let him run around and he'd come when we called, just like a dog or cat. But sometimes he'd "go to ground" and stay gone a day or two.

He's taken off into the woods one day and a kid on an ATV ran him down and killed him. Said he thought it was a wild animal. My daughter had blood in her eyes, but didn't kill the kid.

Rascal loved playing in the tack room and hiding in boots, etc. Very good pet.

7. juggalo 4 eva profile image60

i am sorry donna. i will make a ferret hub! yay! i cant wait!

8. desantis profile image60
    desantisposted 8 years ago

Ferrets, that is not a pet! Kind of looks more like a giant rat.
    Dog, now there is a pet. They are and will always be loyal to you even when you are mad at them. They will always greet you at the door when you come home, they will always snuggle up to you when you're relaxing or follow you around the house.

But if you like ferrets go for it.

1. juggalo 4 eva profile image60
      juggalo 4 evaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I will go for it! ferrets are just as lovable as dogs. And if you love them they love you back. I had a ferret that waited by everydoor i went through like the bathroom doo or my bedroom door. Because he wanted permission to enter first. Find a dog like that i dare you. Check out my newest hub www.hubpages.com/hub/ferretfacts thanx!

9. Dame Scribe profile image60

That was a great hub! thank you and a great start for you. I think you should break it into separate hubs ... care, diet, ferret bathings, etc ... but is a good start. Also, break your paragraphs up more. Make each paragraph about 6 lines. Good job! smile

10. juggalo 4 eva profile image60

thank you dame i will do that right now! Any other areas that i missed?

11. Dame Scribe profile image60

I think you are off to a great start. You will find areas of interest as you are writing. Just jot them down for a future post and you will always have material and don't forget do research about them to support the info you provide. You're doing great! smile

12. juggalo 4 eva profile image60

email me at djadam980@aol.com i wana chat!

13. Dame Scribe profile image60

We can chat here, thanks smile

working