jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

National Dress Up Your Pet Day

1. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 3 years ago

Its National Dress Up Your Pet Day
    National Dress Up Your Pet Day was founded in 2009 by Celebrity Pet Lifestyle Expert and Animal Behaviorist, Colleen Paige. It is sponsored by the Animal Miracle Network as a fun way to celebrate our beloved pets and to support the pet fashion community.
    http://living.msn.com/family-parenting/ … 14a83e9d0f
    Oh it's cute to dress up your pets but sometimes we may go a little too far wink

1. Cook n Save Money profile image91
      Cook n Save Moneyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I tend to only dress mine up for Halloween.  Here he is dressed as the Headless Horseman's mount.

2. A Driveby Quipper profile image59
    A Driveby Quipperposted 3 years ago

3. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 3 years ago

Seriously, how does one become a "Celebrity Pet Lifestyle Expert" anyway?  Dressing up pets is one of those things that makes me really sick. It's offensive, demeaning, and abusive and if you really loved your pet I can't imagine wanting to do this to them. They are living creatures, not fashion excessories or toys to be stuffed into costumes and paraded around, not for their own pleasure and enjoyment, but for that of their human masters.  If my Yorkies stuffed me into a monkey suit and paraded me down the street I'm sure I'd have to bite at least one, if not both of them.