jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Animal Hoarders show, here we come!

1. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 3 years ago

Most of you know I have two adult Great Danes. Last summer, hubby adopted a Basset hound from our local animal shelter. My Danes are getting old (for the breed), so I got one of my daughter's Great Dane puppies and named him Shylock. There was one male pup for sale, and a man in FL really wanted him. Hubby insisted WE keep the pup. He just couldn't stand the thought of a stranger having the puppy. Hubby was worried that no one would care for the canine as well as we would. So...we got the pup and named him Brutus. Now we have FIVE indoor dogs, and I don't know how many feral and semi-feral cats we're caring for - outside.

Sadly, we might be down to 4 dogs. The hound, Sparky, slipped out the door last night, and we can't find him. We'll call the shelter in the a.m. to see if anyone turned him in.

Back to Shylock: He's 2 months old today and already weighs 25 pounds!

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8327093_f248.jpg

2. wetnosedogs profile image61
    wetnosedogsposted 3 years ago

I hope Sparky comes around. Wonder if he's feeling left out with all the big puppy stuff. Truly hope he is alright.
    Is that Brutus with your hubby? If we didn't know you were talking about puppies, we'd think that's a pretty well full grown dog!
    Shylock is hopefully doing well?
    Get Sparky back and maybe you should go to the shelter and bring another home.
    Best to you and your furry bunch.

1. habee profile image90
      habeeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Shy is doing great! Someone on FB found a hound dog a block from our house. I'm sure it's Sparky. I'm crossing my fingers!

That's Shylock in the pic.

3. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 3 years ago

Sparky is home!

1. profile image0
      Motown2Chitownposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yay! 

He's probably feeling left out because he isn't named after any Shakespearean characters.

wink

1. habee profile image90
        habeeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

LOL. Well, it doesn't bother Grendel!

4. wetnosedogs profile image61
    wetnosedogsposted 3 years ago

So happy to hear Sparky is home sweet home.

working