jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

I got lost in the woods with my dog

1. 0
    pgrundyposted 7 years ago

I sh*t you not.

I decided to take him to a local nature preserve yesterday because it was so pretty out. We've been there a gazillion times, and it's not the Sahara Desert or anything, but it's pretty  big--maybe a couple hundred acres. So anyhoo, after about twenty minutes I decided to head back to the car (so we'd have about 45 minutes out on the trail tops), and TWO HOURS LATER we finally found our way out.

A turkey buzzard followed us for awhile but did not eat us, and we also saw a snake, a lake, and a bunch of frogs.

Next time I'm bringing a compass.

1. GeneriqueMedia profile image61
      GeneriqueMediaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Wow, glad you made it out alive! Having a compass is always recommended...better to be prepared than dispared. wink

2. Teresa McGurk profile image81
      Teresa McGurkposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Wow -- bet that got a bit scary, after a while.

Thing is, your dog knew the way back the whole time and was snickering behind his paw.

1. GeneriqueMedia profile image61
        GeneriqueMediaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Muttley!!!! (old Hanah Barbara cartoon.)

I apologize for derailing this convo a bit, but Teresa's comment made me think of Duck Hunt and this video.

2. 0
    pgrundyposted 7 years ago

You know I bet he DID know the way out the whole time!

What an actor! big_smile

3. brad4l profile image83
    brad4lposted 7 years ago

I like taking my dog through the woods as well, so I always make sure I bring some water too, even if I am only going to be out there for a short period of time.

4. mythbuster profile image85
    mythbusterposted 7 years ago

Well, pgrundy--

Thank goodness you passed your pooch's orientation-for-humans test, huh?

5. Colebabie profile image61
    Colebabieposted 7 years ago

Aww well I'm glad you made it out. Maybe a trail of bread crumbs next time? smile

6. JamaGenee profile image88
    JamaGeneeposted 7 years ago

This is toooo funny, Pam! The dog probably *did* know the way and was just stringing you along to make the outing longer! cool

7. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

You may need to speak to that dog PGrundy! I am over being hoodwinked by our pooches, they are so sneaky! Your dog knew the way back alright... naughty dog!