jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Do You Talk To Your Pets?

1. J - R - Fr13m9n profile image85
    J - R - Fr13m9nposted 2 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/12266581.jpg

I have two cats living with me. Never a day goes by without me speaking to my two "babies" as I call them. As a result they appear alert and are ready to read my cues. My cats, especially the male, gives good eye contact and they usually tend to be good listeners. Share your comments.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image85
      Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I knew a guy who had a very good relationship with every cat he had. The cats really seemed to have an understanding of what he was saying to them… I imagined they could understand him through intuition. It was not hard to imagine… and it was probably NOT just my imagination.

J - R - Fr13m9nposted 9 months ago in reply to this

Yes the cats seem to have that uncanny way about them. That quality in our feline friends is something I admire.

2. AnnaDanishek profile image59
    AnnaDanishekposted 11 months ago

who doesn't?

Cats are wonderful pets; especially if one resides in an apartment complex. Their own special uniqueness is an asset to admire!
      http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13069991.jpg

3. brimancandy profile image80
    brimancandyposted 11 months ago

I talk to my cat, because she is the only one i have to talk to. I live alone in a small town, where I don't know too many people. So, I talk to my cat.

But mostly to ask her if she wants to eat or play with her toys. She responds by purring and standing on her hind legs. She's also funny as hell. I love it when she catches a mouse, she does some crazy stuff with it, until I catch it and let it go.

Cats are wonderful companions. They are not aloof as their stereo type implies. If a close bond is formed between cat and owner, that bond is unique and close. The cat may appear as a close friend and confidant without any judgmental attitudes toward that special owner.
      http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13069981_f1024.jpg

4. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 9 months ago

Yes I do talk to my cat, just like anyone one else that is human. he seems to understand.wink

Kitty seems to be a wonderful and delightful companion then.

5. norlawrence profile image87
    norlawrenceposted 9 months ago

I talk to my cat and my dog.  I have 2 birds that I also talk to.  They all seem to like it.

It appears that you have a wonderful family life with your pets.

working