jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Animal Rights who are active?

1. aniketgore profile image72
    aniketgoreposted 7 years ago

I would like to know which are the organizations working for animal rights?.

What are your opinions about animal rights?.

2. dana825 profile image61
    dana825posted 7 years ago

I'm really active in the Humane Society of the United States. I love it. It's great. I get to save lives everyday and make people happy by giving them a new member of their family. I also work at a rescue ranch for horses and those horses come to us so broken and it's so satisfying to see them adopted when they are healthy enough to start training.

3. natura profile image62
    naturaposted 7 years ago

It's atocuhy subject but I think animals have rights if good folk like you and I and others endorse it. I guess it is step on the right direction to becoming a vegetarian. As in the spiritual sense all animals have rights, and one can further say that all life is sacred meaning that all life deserves to be let alone.

4. 0
    Madame Xposted 7 years ago

Dana825 - that's wonderful. I always feel so bad for animals that have suffered at human hands. As far as animal rights go - I think it's important to treat every living thing with care and consideration.

Except some humans - when they step over the line.

5. wychic profile image81
    wychicposted 7 years ago

I agree that every living thing has a right to be treated humanely (except, as mentioned above, those humans who waive that right by taking it away from others), and as such I am active in preventing cruelty. Personally I don't go as far as some of the more extreme animal rights groups, though I agree that an animal should only be killed for food or to alleviate its suffering, and that they should be killed swiftly and painlessly.

I am currently active in the Humane Society of the United States and the ASPCA. Additionally, I have helped in local rescues and take care of wild and/or injured animals picked up by local animal control. Much of my writing on here and on other sites advocates the humane treatment of animals, observing proper responsibility toward pets, and the importance of understanding pet's needs.