jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Cat adopts a baby rabbit

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago

Tell me this is not one of the cutest videos:

I think I am getting soft in my old age wink

2. webismine profile image59
    webismineposted 7 years ago

Can't say it's not cute smile

3. girly_girl09 profile image78
    girly_girl09posted 7 years ago

This is so cute that it almost made me cry!!!!! hahaha it was so adorable.

I'm not surprised though, cats and bunnies (when both are domesticated, of course) usually get along pretty well. Growing up, I had several pet bunnies and one of them used to chase my cat around the house. Guests at our home would get a kick out of it because they thought it'd be the other way around! One bunny used to also cuddle up with my cat on the couch, but I would've been a little freaked out if my cat had picked it up with it's mouth like that. I know cats do that to kittens, but I've also seen them carry their freshly killed prey like that, too.

Anyways, fantastic video. Thanks for sharing!

4. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

Cute, for sure.  Every once in a while these stories show up somewhere.  I love them, because one of my sons is adopted.  I always use these examples as a way to point out how "natural" adoption is too.  Of course, my son happens to be of the same species as his siblings.  smile

5. Everyday Miracles profile image92
    Everyday Miraclesposted 7 years ago

Very cute! It's always neat to see mama animals do that!

6. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago

I was a bit surprised the rabbit was OK with being picked up like that. I always pick kittens and puppys up by the scruff of their necks, but I didn't know rabbits did that too.

7. girly_girl09 profile image78
    girly_girl09posted 7 years ago

Rabbits do have a lot of extra skin on the back of their necks, but I'm also surprised that it didn't squeal or act surprised.

I'm not positive, but I don't think mother rabbits pick their babies up like that. However, I could be mistaken. smile

8. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

We know you are an old softie smile

9. Everyday Miracles profile image92
    Everyday Miraclesposted 7 years ago

I've never seen rabbits to that either, Mark. They don't have as much of a "scruff" as cats do (or rather, that breed doesn't). But then, I've never bred rabbits either!

10. Lifebydesign profile image79
    Lifebydesignposted 7 years ago

Thanks Mark, perfect for my morning tweet.

11. 61
    Motherhood Trialsposted 7 years ago

Cats and bunnies are so cute and even more so when together! I once took my daughter to pick out a bunny and the lady there noticed her playing with a kitten she had as well.She told my little girl "you can have that to" So my daughter begged for both because she couldnt choose. I gave in and both the bunny and the kitten road home with us in the same opened box and were in LOVE together befor we got home! They slept together,ate side-by-side shared the same water, and played with each other as if they were from the same litter. Within 2 weeks the bunny was using the litter box and the kitten had began HOPPING side-ways as much as walking normal! Precious was the kitten and Cuddles was the rabbit. Cuddles lived to be ALMOST 10 yrs old ! ( they were both only 4and5 weeks old when we got them) Best 5 dollars I ever spent for a childs' pet!