jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

anyone know why you can't sell pets on craigslist?

1. B.Z. Alixandre profile image80
    B.Z. Alixandreposted 7 years ago

My dog had puppies and we went to post them on CL and apparently you can't do it anymore, which really sucks cause now I have to figure out how to sell them.  Does anyone even read the paper anymore?

1. fritteritter profile image94
      fritteritterposted 7 years ago

Oodle.com comes up #1 for "local classifieds" and they have a Pets category. There are a lot of local dog listings for my city.

Also try searching "puppies" plus your city and state to find other sites that might be better for you. Oodle doesn't come up for me, but rather vast.com and hoobly.com which I've never heard of. Just try to think of what someone would search for if they were looking to buy a puppy smile

Craigslist probably had too many complaints about listings from puppy mills and similar animal rights violators, they're not very interested in policing the classifieds.

2. genteelhart profile image61
      genteelhartposted 7 years ago

Also try Kijiji.com - they're owned by eBay, and lots of pet folks advertise their animals there, free.

3. 62
      kaw247posted 3 years ago

There are thousands of cats & dogs in shelters looking for homes.
      Why breed MORE animals?
      Are you STUPID - or just plain selfish and greedy, and heartless.

1. gjwriter profile image61
        gjwriterposted 3 years ago

Because dog fighting is on the rise and dogs sold over the web often are used as bait.  Please don't do that. I know it's uncalled for, but really, why would you let your dog have puppies?  There is no good reason for any of that.  How sad for those puppies.