jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (17 posts)

why do's my dog always.....

1. zoejackson2 profile image59
    zoejackson2posted 7 years ago

when eva i tell my dog off for getting on the setee or for just genrally messing about which she do's alot she just sits there looking at me has if she i'm just going on for nuffin!!!!

Am i the only one with this problem???
    she alwaysmakes me feel sorry for her.

1. thranax profile image58
      thranaxposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Guys its southern like talkin I thinks. Mixed with text messaging.

Translation:

When ever I approach my dog for messing up my house, which she does all the time, she just stares back at me like I am not talking to her. I feel ignored by my dog, looking at me like a dog who can't understand English looks like. Or, should I say MY kind of English. She always gives me a cute face smile and I forgive her, but I don't want to be a sap. Please help me.

~thranax~

2. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Do you speak English?

1. 0
      sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Misha you're a bad,bad boy! Does she?

2. Stimp profile image81
      Stimpposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I tried to translate to no avail.  Sounds like he/she is scolding the dog for screwing around or whatever and the dog just sits there and stares and him/her.  He/She feels bad for the dog...or feels guilty.

3. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Sure I am. smile Can't understand a word, hence the question smile

4. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago

Hey Zoe! Dogs are professional mooches and they ain't ashamed to work it either! They love playing the poor abused pet, thats why we gave up and let them act like people. We figured if we were going to let our son on the furniture the dogs were probably cleaner!

5. wychic profile image79
    wychicposted 7 years ago

What kind of training has she received? Dogs are also not mind readers, any animal that doesn't have consistent training will not understand what you expect of it. Considering that she does not respond, either some training, reinforcement, or refresher training is certainly in order.

6. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

Clearly she is well trained in TXT Language and guilt trip conveyance. The dog is probably just trying to understand what a nuffin is. hmm 
    Who is Eva? 
    Wassa hapnin to the hood bro? smile

7. 0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

People who keep dogs are cowards who haven't got the guts to bite people themselves. Misha, be nice now.

1. ScarletRyan1970 profile image60
      ScarletRyan1970posted 7 years ago in reply to this

People that keep dogs are cowards!
      What about sheep dogs. There a working dog
      How do you expect an old farmer to gather round his sheep.
      Employ a shepherd.We have moved on from shepherds,Dogs are more reliable.

8. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

It's got alot to do with whether or not they have teeth as well, ole timer smile

9. 0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

As well, good point my man.

10. neocobra5 profile image60
    neocobra5posted 7 years ago

I'm gonna go ahead and assume your dog's behavioral education is very limited. You're dog doesn't listen to you because in a pack, alpha dogs react very differently to bad behavior than people do. We yell. They don't. Dogs communicate through body language. If you want your dog to stay of the furniture and behave better around guests, I suggest doing some basic training first like sit and stay with food. This creates a hierarchy and your dog will respect you more. But yelling at a dog does nothing if you haven't taught them to understand you yet.

11. neocobra5 profile image60

After that training your pooch to stay off and outta things will come easier.

12. neocobra5 profile image60

good translating...so whats setee mean?

13. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

lol what a riot, lol ...I agree, need training maybe call the dog whisperer big_smile

working