jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Pet stories

1. Wonder_Woman profile image60
    Wonder_Womanposted 7 years ago

Share the stories that where inspired by your pets. Your silliest and/or heart warming stories

1. Sandy Thorn profile image61
      Sandy Thornposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have a son who as Asperger's Syndrome, a high-functioning form of autism.  When he was 8 years old, he was having a very bad night; he'd been sick and his mood swings, which are part of his disorder, were exacerbated by his illness.  He was feeling very depressed, and just lying in bed crying inconsolably; nothing I could do or say helped.  Well, our Himalayan cat, Twinkle, climbed in bed with him and lay on his pillow right next to his face.  He started stroking her and it distracted him enough that he stopped crying and fell asleep.  From that day on, until she died 9 year later, she slept next to his head on his pillow every single night.  The only nights she ever missed was when she was hit by a car and had to be crated for two weeks to heal.  She was a great cat.

2. LRobbins profile image79
      LRobbinsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

My cat once bit me hard enough to draw blood.  He wandered off and I was complaining to myself that he didn't care that he had hurt me.  A few minutes later, he starts bringing me his toys, one by one, carrying them in his mouth and dropping them at my feet.  He's a smart cat though, he brought me the toys he never played with.  I soon forgave him and as soon as I did, he started returning the toys to his toy box.

1. Sandy Thorn profile image61
        Sandy Thornposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Too funny!

3. Stimp profile image80
      Stimpposted 6 years ago in reply to this
  2. retellect profile image78
    retellectposted 7 years ago

Poor Armani, my cat. After moving into a new house she found it hard adjusting. When she finally adjusted she became herself again. I bought a big mirror for the living room and she forgot what she looked like. She saw a reflection of herself in the mirror and refuses to come in the house again.

She lives in the backyard now sad

3. apricot profile image82
    apricotposted 6 years ago

Oh what a beautiful story!  Really beautiful.

4. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

I know I'm Not Supposed to promote So I'm Not Promoting.. OK?
    But several cats have put themselves at risk by allowing themselves to be interviewed and reported in this hub.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Original-Bathin … -Cats-Tale

5. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

this is so touching. a friend just posted on my FB page.
    it is a video about a stray dog saving another dog~~
    maybe you've seen it before, but if not, take a look.

animals have compassion also.