jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Yorkshire Terriers

1. mistywild profile image60
    mistywildposted 7 years ago

Is it better to keep yorkies clean cut, or let their hair hang long?

2. susieq450 profile image60
    susieq450posted 7 years ago

As I suggest to my customers, It is up to you if you want to comb and brush your pup very often, each and every day, you can keep it long.  To make it much easier on you and your dog, keep it clean cut and short, much easier to manage, eliminating most chances of mats.  Hope this helps.

3. Quickcutters profile image59
    Quickcuttersposted 7 years ago

I just signed up to hubpages and right off the bat i looked to see if any one has wrote about Yorkies.
    Im a very small yorkie breeder and my babies are just the love of my like. They do take a lot of care. But i don't mind.

1. Deborah-Lynn profile image81
      Deborah-Lynnposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have a female teacup yorkie, she is three & 1/2 pounds, I would love to find a male that tiny, do you have any ideas???

4. Whitney05 profile image64
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

It depends on how much grooming you're willing to put in. I keep mine hosrt cut. He actually gets shaved onces a year, and by the time it's ready for a another shave, he's still pretty short.

Long hair just requires more brushing and daily grooming.

How you want to keep the hair depends on how much time you want to spend grooming.

1. Deborah-Lynn profile image81
      Deborah-Lynnposted 6 years ago in reply to this

My yorkie is only 3 1/2 pounds so it's not much upkeep to having her hair grow long, I really love the look of her hair almost sweeping the floor...

working