Depends on your cat

1. Pollyannalana profile image82
    Pollyannalanaposted 6 years ago

I prefer to not have a litter box but if you have to have an indoor only cat start them on the litter as soon as you see their mama slow down on the cleaning and that is usually when they start eating foods. Most of my cats have been inside/outside cats so if you don't want the litter box deal which I don't, it is best to get this animal, cat or dog in the spring or summer because they will not like the winter months most places, made to go outside and usually hard to train if not impossible, but once they are trained in spring or summer outside they will just always want to do what is now natural to them. My cat is fifteen and never a house accident yet, but sometimes I have to get up to let her out earlier than I prefer,the price I have to pay but beats the litter box job and she spends nights outside mostly in warmer weather and only comes in to eat or visit if she gets lonely and twines around my ankles until I give her a good petting or take her outside for a thorough brushing.

2. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

I would recommend you make a hub out of this it could be your first one big_smile

And welcome to hubpages Polly!

3. LRobbins profile image80
    LRobbinsposted 6 years ago

I'm going to try and toilet train my 2 cats.  Could be interesting though since they're 3 and 4 1/2 years old.  If nothing else I'm sure it will be an adventure smile