jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How to get your dogs to sleep outside

1. grammargirlchelle profile image60
    grammargirlchelleposted 6 years ago

I am looking for any ideas, tips, hints, examples, comments, anything really, that will get my awesome foursome outside, in their own kennel and happy. Rather than outside, whining, barking, growling, chewing the door, banging on the door and basically driving me nuts.
    All information accepted gratefully and with a smile.

2. rsmallory profile image83
    rsmalloryposted 6 years ago

Unfortunately, unless you start them outside as pups, there's not much you can do beside grin and bare it, they'll stop eventually. Buy some ear plugs and apologize to your neighbors.   smile

3. heart4theword profile image62
    heart4thewordposted 6 years ago

I know a person who put a heated dog pad at the front door for their dog.  I don't know if it was battery operated or if they plugged it in.  It seemed like it was made that way and was battery operated:)

4. muddawg60 profile image60
    muddawg60posted 6 years ago

Why on Gods earth would you want to have them sleep outside? Dogs belong inside as family members...thats how to get them to stop whining! I sure wouldn't like it if my wife put me out and I would whine much more than I do now.

5. 0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

You can always sleep out there with them. That should put a stop to the whining, clawing, and barks. On their part anyway. LOL The poor darlings just want to be near you. Show some compassion maybe.

6. radlyn profile image80
    radlynposted 6 years ago

You have 4 Malteze & Shitzhus? These small domesticated dogs are meant to be family pets, not a pack of hunting dogs that will adjust to sleeping outside.

They are whining and crying because they are unhappy- all the 'tough love' in the world won't quiet them down; you'll just end up with a pack of anxious dogs.

Why would you want them outside and in a kennel at night? If they are getting into trouble at night (chewing, peeing, whatever...) you need to crate train them (assuming they are puppies). You can't expect to put them out at night and not cry & whine.

My dog is a part of the family and sleeps in bed with either me or the kids.

7. Adopt-a-Dog profile image61
    Adopt-a-Dogposted 6 years ago

Hi, Do check out the Hub on "how to make your dog sleep outside" for some possible solutions to your problems.

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Get-Your … ep-Outside