jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

First hound to win Westminister

1. Whitney05 profile image69
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

Go Uno! Ha. The cute little beagle won last night. I don't agree with dog shows, so I didn't watch. But on the looks of him, he looks like a 13" beagle- one of the smaller ones.

2. Betty Jo Petty profile image61
    Betty Jo Pettyposted 8 years ago

I didn't watch, either.  I do like watching the dog shows.

The Beagle had gorgeous color from the highlights I saw on tv, and his markings looked excellent, if that's what it's called.

Surprising it wasn't a fancier breed.

3. Jungle Talk profile image60
    Jungle Talkposted 8 years ago

I didn't see the show, but I did see the dog on the news. What a cute dog! It is nice to see them become a top dog when there are several other breeds that usually win out.

4. wychic profile image79
    wychicposted 8 years ago

I missed the hound part of the show (my favorite), saw the working dogs and the final overall selecion, I was rooting for either the beagle or the akita so I'm very happy with the turnout big_smile. I have a personal problem with buying dogs after working with shelters so many years but I still enjoy the shows because, as I see it, even if they are high-dollar dogs competitions and the like raise awareness and appreciation for dogs in general...and I got my significant other hooked, I apologized once for making him watch my favorite sport but now he's hooked too...canine agility!

5. Angela Harris profile image74
    Angela Harrisposted 8 years ago

Uno rules.