jump to last post 1-23 of 23 discussions (30 posts)

cute idea but...

1. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

I am wondering if anyone knows of stores that contain cute little frame ornaments where I can put pictures of my pets and put on the tree. I have a Targe and a Walmart close by...anyone think they have any there? or any other store in Cali that might have any photoe frame ornaments? thanks!

2. 0
    Poppa Bluesposted 7 years ago

You can make them pretty easily with ice cream pop sticks.

3. 0
    lynnechandlerposted 7 years ago

You might also try a craft shop they usually have them.

4. 0

cute idea poppa but I have done the whole ice cream pop sticks and sadly they always come out looking like crap lol my preschoolers could do it better than me lol sad I know

and thanks lynne I'll check out Michael's too.

5. Daniel Carter profile image90
    Daniel Carterposted 7 years ago

Petsmart, my dear. Also TJMaxx, and sometimes Ross Dress for Less (Affectionately referred to as "Cross Dress for Less")

Should be able to find them even in a Hallmark store.

smile

6. 0
    lynnechandlerposted 7 years ago

They had some really cute ones with that foam stuff that is really cheap. You stick the frame to a popsicle stick or something then add foam christmas embellishments.

7. Daniel Carter profile image90
    Daniel Carterposted 7 years ago

P.S. How's Pappa? Wondering since you changed your avatar.
    Sending hugs. Not easy to get through, I know.

8. 0
    lyricsingrayposted 7 years ago

you could even use thick cardboard and buy the colors you want to match your tree big_smile

9. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 7 years ago

I bet amazon has something like that, if they do I could write up a hub and add the links for ya wink lol

10. 0

DUH Petsmart lmao thanks daniel for hitting with the Duh stick lol
    And sadly Papa had passed away the day before Thanksgiving. And looking at that picture was really depressing me so I wanted a happier picture right now. so me and hubby at Disneyland just this year made me smile so why not.

1. Daniel Carter profile image90
      Daniel Carterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

So sorry, dear. But glad he's no longer suffering. I missed all that news, so thanks for bringing me up to speed.

I thought I was the only one the needed the big DUH stick used on me. Glad to be of assistance. Lovely avatar, btw.

11. 0

lol Kristen yea wouldn't be surprised if amazon did have those.

And lynne that sounds cute

and your idea too lyrics but when it comes to making things like that...I try to stay away from it because it'll look really bad.

1. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yup they sure do, just checked. Have yet to find good keywords but if you want me to write something I will worry about keywords later wink

I have 5 sales to make this month to get the higher referral rate, if this month it is retroactive on sales already made so I am willing to hustle for a sale lol

12. 0

Thanks Daniel...so why did you need the big DUH stick for?

1. Daniel Carter profile image90
      Daniel Carterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Because I have a knack for asking questions that have very obvious answers....
      lol

1. 0
        Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

lol we all do

13. 0

lol you should write the hub! I am sure a lot of people out there want picture frame ornaments...for pets or people. CUTE gift idea....

14. 0

And that can be the title! "Need a cute gift idea? why not an ornament that can hold pictures?" big_smile

15. kirstenblog profile image78

I think maybe I should just go for it! There are some lovely ornamental frames on amazon and better keywords can be found to add to the tags after its published, so as to get it out there while people are still shopping online for christmas stuff.

16. 0

Exactly! Go for it Kristen and I am sure that you will get plenty of people buying and clicking on the ads and things.

17. kirstenblog profile image78

Well I published it! Shall I post the link here and bend the rules or just leave it and let you guys go looking for it if you are interested?

18. 0

How about I post the link in here? It's okay if I do it isn't it?

Hey thats a great way to get around the rules! I love it! Then again I love when someone else promotes any of my hubs! I am very fond of being lazy lol

19. 0

Here is a link to kristnblog's hub about ornaments...great idea for gifts. especially if you can add pictures to them.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Need-a-Cute-Gif … -Ornaments

20. 0

got another idea Kristen...go to the game that says promote other hubbers hub...promote the hubber before you and then i'll jump in with this hub for you big_smile

Hey good idea, on my way there now! big_smile

21. wychic profile image80
    wychicposted 7 years ago

I've seen some in Wal-Mart and the various dollar stores, though not a lot that are pet-specific, most are just festive Christmas trees, presents and what-not. If you wanted to find something online I'd suggest looking around Etsy, there are a lot of clay crafters and such that make some really cute frame ornaments, and a lot of them will make to order if you want something really specific.

1. 0
      Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

COOL thanks wychic!

22. Ivorwen profile image83
    Ivorwenposted 7 years ago

The Oriental Trading Company usually sells that type of thing.  I'm sure they have a web site...

Or you could make your own...  Schools use shaped card stock covered with fabric and a bit of trim, plus the picture to make ornaments.  Scrapbooking supplies would work just as well.  smile

23. 0

Oh yea I could look there. I get magazines and yes they have a website i can check out too. thanks Ivorwen

working