jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Aquarium help...Please....!! ASAP

1. 0
    WildIrisposted 6 years ago

I just bought a 55 gal. aquarium for my daughter's 7th birthday, but the glass top comes with a plastic hinge I cannot get to slide onto the glass. I've tried soap. I've spent the last 2 hours working on this. I managed to get one side of the hinge on, but now I am struggling with getting the other piece of glass to seat into the plastic hinge.  Whaaaaaa .....

Any suggestions would be soooo appreciated.

2. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 6 years ago

I think you need another pair of hands to help - you need to slide both pieces of glass into the hinge from the top at the same time - I've worked with other things like that and that's the only way I found to put them together.  It was not possible for me to do it alone.

1. 0
      WildIrisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for responding mega1.  There are two of us working together.  We are very capable people familiar with how to build homes, furniture,  connect water pipes, but this hinge is just almost to small to work for the thickness of the glass. The hinge has interior grips that the glass needs to slide through to seat. We've given up for the moment. Coffee break.

3. Entourage_007 profile image79
    Entourage_007posted 6 years ago

I would have loved a 55 gallon fishtank for my 7th birthday, or any birthday... What type of fish do you plan on putting in the tank?  I should be posting up some articles about my aquarium in the next day or two.  I have a 29 Gallon with African Cichlids.