jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

She can understand

1. Wolfenfemale profile image61
    Wolfenfemaleposted 6 years ago

People make me sick thinking pets, dogs, cats and even rodents are mere human graces.   They think and, believe it or not decipher situations at a much smaller cerebral level than we do, but with far more loyalty and dedication.  Patience is the one true element in training your pet, but love and touch, and connection is the one true strength that will bond man and beast.  No matter size of brain, nor heart, only true love will bring them close.  Not unlike a child your pets are very, very needy for attention.  Softness balanced with discipline will make even the simplest of animals recognize their worth.  They require respect as do we.  Slapping a dog for peeing on the carpet is an error of a mighty force.  Shaking newspapers are traumatic for a sound sensitive beast.  Screaming instills fear and neglect creates distance.  The command "NO" need not be aggressive.  They perceive body language that we are not aware of.   They can feel vibes that we dismiss.  Love your pet as it loves you.   Love it right and no human creature could compare to the effort they exude towards making their master content.

1. 0
      mtsi1098posted 6 years ago in reply to this

you know I have 2 parakeets and I know they understand things...I wish I could understand what they say though smile

2. Lisa HW profile image83
      Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You're right, and it's nice to see these thoughts in a post.

2. 0
    Lecieposted 6 years ago

i have a cat and a love bird. i agree that they understand alot more than people give them credit for. sometimes my mom will ask me how my cat is doing or what she is up to. while i'm answering her, and neither one of us have said my cats name at this point, my cat comes over meowing as if she wants to answer the question about herself. how did she know we were talking about her when we didn't even say her name? i learn something new everyday from my cat.
    my love bird really enjoys following our movements. if we start moving side to side, so does he. if we turn a circle so does he. he also loves music. at times it almost feels like he's dancing with us. he really loves to have fun. i do wish i could find out what he's saying to me, as he talks alot.