jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Bailey my Golden

1. west40 profile image60
    west40posted 6 years ago

We had a bad weekend with Bailey, my Golden Retriever, she's 10 and has cancer.  I just spent two hours writing a hub and I never knew how much writing my thoughts down would help - thanks hubpages.

2. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 6 years ago

Writing is such a great release.  I write with pen & paper everyday - its a great stress reducer!

3. Beth100 profile image83
    Beth100posted 6 years ago

Expressing yourself through words is the greatest way to release emotions in a constructive way.  I hope that Bailey is doing better.

4. west40 profile image60
    west40posted 6 years ago

thank you all for your thoughts - it is going to be a hard day - she still will not eat anything so we will head to the vet this morning and see what they say.

5. Sally's Trove profile image99
    Sally's Troveposted 6 years ago

I share this hard day with you. I left a comment on your Hub about Bailey. I know you will do the right thing for her, no matter how painful it is for you.

HubPages has been a blessing for me these last few days. Getting my thoughts out here about my precious Goldie, Cinnamon, has brought me so very much comfort through others' caring responses. You will feel that comfort, too.  We are not alone with our grief, even though we are very much alone in making a decision.

Many hugs to you and your family, and to the very special Bailey.

6. manlypoetryman profile image70
    manlypoetrymanposted 6 years ago

Hang in there, Bailey...Hope she gets better and stronger today for some more time with her...and also I hope she doesn't suffer. Hang in there, west40!

1. west40 profile image60
      west40posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you - we had her put to sleep - very hard and sad but no more suffering - she was the best dog I have ever owned.