jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

how to stop my dog from taking clothes off the line

1. 59
    lola russellposted 6 years ago

hi im new to hubs i have a bull arab cross great dane who keeps taking my clothes off the line. some days he's good other days not and its mainly my clthes. is it coz they smell like me and wants to be around me.

1. 0
      sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago in reply to this

First! Welcome to the Hubs! Now set up your video camera and get ready to make some money!big_smile

2. TerryGl profile image62
    TerryGlposted 6 years ago

I had a german shepherd dog do the same thing. The way I stopped him from doing this was to take a piece of clothing he pulled off the line and taped his mouth closed around it.

I know it sounds cruel but just when the dog thinks his mouth is shut forever, you remove the tape. It has a profound affect on the dog and in my case, quickly stopped the behaviour.

Just don't tape the mouth shut to tightly and stay with the animal making sure when it has had enough, only a few short seconds, then your there to take the tape off.

It also works for rubbish bins as well.

3. lorlie6 profile image85
    lorlie6posted 6 years ago

Don't mean to be flippant, but buy a dryer! lol

4. GoTo Gal profile image80
    GoTo Galposted 6 years ago

My dog does the same thing.  I hung some towels out to dry one afternoon, the next morning they were on the ground.  I thought maybe a storm came up.  Washed them and hung them out again.  Same thing happened.  It wasn't until my neighbor said you should see your dog, he gets at the top of the hill takes off running and jumps up and pulls the laundry off the line.

The way I got him to stop was........I had to quit hanging laundry on the line.  But now that the video camera was mentioned, I may rethink that.